Thread: need recipes for dog treats please

Default need recipes for dog treats please

Hello, I am looking for some all-natural dog treat recipes. We are trying to avoid corn & wheat if possible but anything will be better than the store-bought garbage we've been giving him (aggravates his allergies)

I have heard about sweet potato treats as well as pumpkin... looking for quick & easy recipes that I can make in large batches and maybe freeze...? Dog is a 9-month old pit if that helps.

Thanks in advance
    They will fight against you but will not overcome you,
    for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord. Jer 1:19

Assume nothing, question everything.
    -James Patterson

There's no excuse not to have a good attitude.
    Unless you're out of booze and pills, of course.
    -George Ure

Hi,

I have a blog for dogs and their people. I just posted a bunch of recipes for treats and food. There may be some in there that you find useful. I am sure you could replace corn or wheat flour with rice or soy flour without a problem.

Here is a link to the recipes:

http://justdogsdogsdogs.blogspot.com.../label/Recipes

Barb

I save grease from meats (hamburger, sausage, bacon, etc) and make a bisuit dough with it. (You know, cut the grease into self-rising flour, stir in enough milk to make a dough. Knead a minute and you're ready to roll) Roll it out as thinly as you can and cut to desired size with a pizza cutter. Place pieces on cookie sheet(s) and bake at around 400 till hard. Dogs don't even seem to mind if you forget they're in the oven and burn them a little. These don't even need to be refrigerated.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown