Default Impossible Pie

4 eggs
    1/2 cup butter or margarine
    1/2 cup flour
    2 cup milk
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup flaked coconut
    2 tsp vanilla

Blend all ingredients in blender for 10 - 15 seconds. (Original instructions said to use mixer or whip.) Pour into 10" greased pie tin. Bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour until senter tests firm.
    the flour will settle to form crust, the coconut forms the topping and the center is an egg custard filling. Tastes great!

My DIL's and I found this when we were exploring some old cook books and decided we just had to try it just to see if it worked. And it does work! It is just like having a custard pie. Course we are experimenting with other flavorings like almond and buter rum etc. So far, so delicious.

Yeah! That's a good old recipe. There are others from the Bisquick box such as one called Impossible Hamburger Pie. I will dig it out if anyone is interested. Post here to let me know.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

you bet! I'd like that one.

Okay! Sure. This one is on my current Bisquick box and is the easiest for me to find at the moment:

IMPOSSIBLY EASY CHEESEBURGER PIE

1 lb. ground beef
    1 large onion
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup Bisquick mix
    1 cup milk
    2 eggs

Heat oven to 400°F. Spray or grease 9" pie plate.
    Brown beef and onion; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate, sprinkle with cheese.
    Stir remaining ingredients with fork in bowl until blended. Pour into pie plate.
    Bake about 25 min. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

6 servings
    High Altitude (3500-6500 ft.) Bake 30-35 min.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

Here's my favorite, partly because I made it up. It's rather costly. I spent 40 bux on ingredients for three pies.

WALNUT CREAM PIE

------- Nut Crust -------

1 c Ground walnuts

1/2 c Butter, softened

1 1/2 c Flour

1/2 Egg, beaten

1/4 c Sugar

------ Filling -------

1 pk cream cheese (8 oz),

- at room temperature

1 1/3 c powdered sugar

2/3 c ground walnuts

1 c heavy cream

1 c heavy cream, whipped

1/2 c chopped walnuts,

Sliced walnuts for garnish

For the crust: Chop walnuts very fine, preferably in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Place in bowl with other crust ingredients and mix until well blended. Press into the bottom of pie pan. Chill 30 minutes. Bake the pie crust for 25 minutes @ 350 degrees. Cool completely.

Chop the walnuts to a fine powder. Combine with cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth. Add the 1 cup cream and mix well. Fold in the whipped cream, gently. Turn into the prepared pie crust. Sprinkle with sliced walnuts. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. It can be made several days in advance.

On the Bisquick website they have tons of Impossible pies. just love them, quick and easy.Also they have a cookbook with a bunch of them in there as well.
    “The thing about being a survivalist kook and stockpiling gold, guns, and food is that there’s no downside. Even if you’re wrong, you’ve still got gold, guns, and food.”

Your Impossible Pie sounds like the recipe I had years ago and have since lost. Was thinking about it just a couple of weeks ago and wishing I had it.

Will try yours.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Mine View Post
    Here's my favorite, partly because I made it up. It's rather costly. I spent 40 bux on ingredients for three pies.

WALNUT CREAM PIE

------- Nut Crust -------

1 c Ground walnuts

1/2 c Butter, softened

1 1/2 c Flour

1/2 Egg, beaten

1/4 c Sugar

------ Filling -------

1 pk cream cheese (8 oz),

- at room temperature

1 1/3 c powdered sugar

2/3 c ground walnuts

1 c heavy cream

1 c heavy cream, whipped

1/2 c chopped walnuts,

Sliced walnuts for garnish

For the crust: Chop walnuts very fine, preferably in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Place in bowl with other crust ingredients and mix until well blended. Press into the bottom of pie pan. Chill 30 minutes. Bake the pie crust for 25 minutes @ 350 degrees. Cool completely.

Chop the walnuts to a fine powder. Combine with cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth. Add the 1 cup cream and mix well. Fold in the whipped cream, gently. Turn into the prepared pie crust. Sprinkle with sliced walnuts. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. It can be made several days in advance.
    Wow - I can't wait to try that. Maybe I can find some walnuts on sale. It sounds fabulous.

I made the pie in the original post this AM. I think I shouldn't have tried to soften the butter. It ended up a little liquidy and the finished product has some that didn't incorporate into the batter. It'll still be eaten though :)

Joyce, did you soften your butter at all or use it right from the fridge?

I need to stay off this thread! I'm on a diet! (Good recipes)
    The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8