Thread: cornbread recipes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When I discovered that my mother-in-laws corn bread was (as I suspected) in fact Jiffy Mix, I just added a bit more flour (now use a 50/50 flour/corn meal) and a small amount of sugar. Since DH doesn't like really sweet corn bread and claims not to like it sweetened at all, I just add at most a tablespoon, often left. He suddenly liked the corn bread better so that seems to be the real difference.

For kids, I think the extra flour plus honey would be a good way to make the corn bread more cake like. Another thing I discovered by accident is that yogurt makes the lightest and smoothest cornbread you can think of. It takes a lot of yogurt, but its worth it.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

as close as you can get to Atlanta and still have chickens

Quote Originally Posted by Disastercat View Post
    When I discovered that my mother-in-laws corn bread was (as I suspected) in fact Jiffy Mix, I just added a bit more flour (now use a 50/50 flour/corn meal) and a small amount of sugar. Since DH doesn't like really sweet corn bread and claims not to like it sweetened at all, I just add at most a tablespoon, often left. He suddenly liked the corn bread better so that seems to be the real difference.

For kids, I think the extra flour plus honey would be a good way to make the corn bread more cake like. Another thing I discovered by accident is that yogurt makes the lightest and smoothest cornbread you can think of. It takes a lot of yogurt, but its worth it.
    yogurt? you're kidding! i bet that would make it very moist. please share.
    Respect God. Love your family. What else is there?

Default Jam

Make cornbread muffins and put a teaspoon of your favorite
    jam in the middle. Kids love it.
    Without dreams,life is broken wing bird that cannot fly

Default This thread calls for....

...Mark Lowery!...discussing the merits of cornbread and other such things:

Take a Pill and Cook the Vegetables
    "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready." Revelation 19:7