1 Cup Raisins
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
    1/2 Cup chopped Pecans
    2 Cups chopped apples, peeled

(Just a note-I only had cinnamon, no clove or allspice, so I used the measurements for the missing spices and added more cinnamon accordingly. I also had no pecans or any other appropriate nuts so I just left them out)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.(I just used a 9x13)
    2. Cream butter or margarine and sugar together. Add the beaten egg and mix well. Stir in the mashed cooked beans and the vanilla.
    3. Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and ground allspice together. Add the chopped pecans, golden raisins, and the diced apples to the flour mixture. Stir to coat. Pour flour mixture into the creamed mixture and stir until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
    4. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Dribble with a simple confectioner's sugar icing and garnish with candied cherries and pecan halves, if desired.(I served plain-still delicious)

One other note, to make sure the beans were truly mashed, I mixed the vanilla in and then mixed with a blender. You may also want to puree them in a food processor or blender....just make sure they are smooth.

This looks delish, roamal! Thanks for posting this.

I've have a question though, is the amount of beans, 2 cups of dried beans cooked and mashed, or enough cooked beans to equal 2 cups? I know it should be simple but I can never figure out exactly what it means when recipes state that. Thanks in advance.

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let light into the world". ~unknown~

I followed it as 2 cups of COOKED beans, then mashed them. I worried over that too but it seemed to work well. One other thing, I cooked them longer than what I normally would and kept adding water so they'd be really, really soft.

Thank you!

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let light into the world". ~unknown~