1 c oil
    1 egg
    1 t soda
    1 t cream of tartar
    1 t salt
    1 c oats
    1 c rice crispies
    1 c coconut
    1 c nuts, chopped (I use pecans because relatives grow them)
    3 c flour
    1 t vanilla

Mix all the dry ingredients together and all the wet ingredients together. Combine the two and stir well. Drop by rounded spoonfull on a cookie sheet and press with a sugared glass. Bake 12 minutes at 350'

I use a large cookie scoop (the 1 T one) and it makes 3-4 dozen cookies. They are SOOOOO good.

Soft Sugar Cookies

4 c sugar
    12 c flour
    2 t salt
    2 t soda
    2 c fat
    2 t vanilla
    4 eggs
    2 c buttermilk (powder works)
    2 t almond extract

Mix dry ingredients, cut in fat, mix wet and add to dry. Roll out, cut, and bake at 350' for 10 minutes. These stay soft, it's an easy dough to work with, and this makes a huge batch.

To turn these into snickerdoodles just press with a cinnamon sugared glass.
    We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls. ~Robert J. McCracken

"I do not believe that the power and duty of the General Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering...to the end that the lesson should be constantly enforced that, though the people support the Government, the Government should not support the people." Grover Cleveland

Gingerbread Roll-Out Cookies

(also known as morning sickness cookies because I suck on them to help with nausea - but I sure don't take the time to cut them out then)

makes 3 - 4 dozen 4 1/2-inch gingerbread boys or girls

For the cookies:
    1 c butter
    1 c brown sugar
    1 1/2 t salt
    1 1/2 t allspice
    2 t ginger
    1 t cloves
    2 t cinnamon
    1 c molasses
    1 large or two small eggs
    5 1/2 c flour
    1 1/2 t soda dissolved in 1/4 c water

For shiny cookies (totally optional):
    3 1/2 c powdered sugar, sifted
    6 T milk
    3 T egg white (If worried about salmonella, use egg white powder or pasteurized egg whites)
    1 t vanilla, almond or other extract (I prefer the almond)

Cream the butter, sugar, salt, and spices together.
    Add the molasses and egg and mix well.
    Stir in half the flour and the soda dissolved in water, and mix
    Add the rest of the flour.

Divide the dough in half and wrap well with plastic wrap.
    Refrigerate for several hours or overnight (freezing doesn't work well with this one. The dough changes over the resting period, making it easier to work with and adding flavor to the cookies.

Work with half the dough at a time. Roll to 1/4 inch thick and cut the cookies into shapes. Put on ungreased baking sheets, about 1/2 inch apart.

Bake 8 -10 minutes, at 350', being careful not to overbake. The cookies will still be soft when done. Let them rest on the baking sheet to firm before transferring to a rack to cool.

Glaze: Mix the milk and egg white and add to the powdered sugar. Mixuntil the glaze is the consistency of molasses. Adjust the consistency with a T of water if necessary. Add the extract. Cover to keep it from forming a skin.

Brush the cookies with a pastry brush dipped in the glaze. Place on a wire rack for several hours or overnight to let the glaze harden and dry.

(We generally can't wait that long and skip the glaze in favor of decorating and instant gratification.) :)
    We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls. ~Robert J. McCracken

"I do not believe that the power and duty of the General Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering...to the end that the lesson should be constantly enforced that, though the people support the Government, the Government should not support the people." Grover Cleveland

LOL I will have to get my recipe box out later and post some too...just for hunybee.

She

Amish Oatmeal Cookies

3 cups sugar
    1 1/2 cup lard
    1 1/2 cup raisins
    2 1/2 cup oatmeal
    1/2 cup molasses (dark)
    3 eggs, beaten
    1 cup peanuts (optional)
    1 cup sour milk
    2 TBS soda
    2 TBS baking powder
    6 cups flour
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon

Grind or chop raisins (and peanuts if using them). Sift together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in lard, add sugar, oatmeal, raisins (and peanuts if using). Mix well again. Dissolve soda in sour milk and add molasses and beaten eggs. Add to mix. Chill one hour. Using your hands, roll the dough into balls the size of a walnut and press slightly flat. Beat two eggs and paint the top of the cookies. Bake at 375 until golden brown (no longer than 15 minutes).

Talking

Help...need more cookie recipes!!!

She

Homestyle Cookies

1 c. crushed wheat flake cereal
    1 c. flour
    1/2c oatmeal
    2 tsp baking powder
    ¼ tsp baking soda

3/4c applesauce
    1/2c milk
    1/3c honey
    1 egg
    1 tbls vege oil
    1c. raisins and/or other dried fruits apples, apricots, etc.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Add other ingredients all at once and stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).

Drop by tablespoonfuls on cookie sheet and bake 10-12 min at 375 degrees. Makes 2 dozen.

The batter doesn’t spread as it bakes. Nice big chewy, chunky cookies. Reminds me of grandma’s cookies.

Micah yours looks mightly yummy. Must try it. I am a cookie monster. Sometimes I eat two in a day LOL.