Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: super power packed everything in 'em oatmeal cookies

Default superman cookies...

Somebody said there was a BIG jar
    of SUPERMAN cookies in here ???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the bad boys say " Submit or Die " ,

I say " Fight or Die " , your choice !

You sound as creative as me! I can remember once calling out to the living room and asking, "I have enough stuff to make oatmeal, peanut butter or sugar cookies. Which do you want?" Of course the boys are talking the choice over as only little boys can. Hubby (being the intellectual posterior) say, "Yes!" so I thought 'O.K. buddy I'll fix you!' and went back to the recipe book and looked at all 3 recipes and did the math to combine all three recipes into one recipe and baked them up. Best cookies we ever had. That will show him to smart off!

Quote Originally Posted by joyce1954 View Post
    You sound as creative as me! I can remember once calling out to the living room and asking, "I have enough stuff to make oatmeal, peanut butter or sugar cookies. Which do you want?" Of course the boys are talking the choice over as only little boys can. Hubby (being the intellectual posterior) say, "Yes!" so I thought 'O.K. buddy I'll fix you!' and went back to the recipe book and looked at all 3 recipes and did the math to combine all three recipes into one recipe and baked them up. Best cookies we ever had. That will show him to smart off!
    I hate it when my husband does that! Do you want pork chops or chicken? Yes. Do you want pie or cobbler? Yes. GRRRRRRR.

So, are you going to share your recipe?
    We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls. ~Robert J. McCracken

"I do not believe that the power and duty of the General Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering...to the end that the lesson should be constantly enforced that, though the people support the Government, the Government should not support the people." Grover Cleveland

My favorite oatmeal cookie recipe is on the back of the Quaker Oats box. I was asked to make a batch of Christmas cookies for a church group. I didn't want to bother with a bunch of recipes, so I tried tweaking things. First I whizzed the oats in a blender, then I used all white sugar instead of the white/brown combination. That worked pretty well, so for my next trick I used peanut butter instead of shortening. I made balls and mashed them with a fork. Then I tried adding some ground ginger. For that batch I actually bought a gingerbread man cookie cutter. While I was at the store I got some maraschino cherries and made some cherry cookies. All with the same recipe!

The housewives bugged me for my gingerbread recipe. They wouldn't believe me when I told them it was on the back of the Quaker Oats box!

There is a sequel to this story. A couple weeks later they asked me to make a cake for a class. A banana cake. I thought "You want a banana cake? I'll make you a banana cake!" I unrolled two coat hangers and twisted them together, then bent that into the shape of a banana just the right size to fit corner to corner in the oven. I folded aluminum foil over it to make a pan. It took two boxes of cake mix to fill it. For a surprise I used spice cake. The only thing big enough to haul it was a three foot board from my bookshelf. I mixed up yellow and brown frosting for it, and then stuck a Dole banana label in the middle.

They asked one more time. This time they wanted a regular sized cake with "something appropriate" written on it. I assumed that meant a scripture, so I made a regular three layer cake and wrote "EAT ME!" on it. I thought that was more appropriate than "Rise, Peter, kill and eat".

Quote Originally Posted by Micah68 View Post
    I hate it when my husband does that! Do you want pork chops or chicken? Yes. Do you want pie or cobbler? Yes. GRRRRRRR.

So, are you going to share your recipe?
    Sometimes we just have to teach them to be careful what they asked for, but this one turned out good.

Sugar, Oatmeal, Peanut Butter Cookies

Sift together:
    3½ c. flour
    1 ½ tsp. soda
    1 tsp. baking powder
    ½ tsp. salt
    Cream:
    1 1/3 c. butter or butter flavor Crisco
    1 ½ c. sugar
    ½ c. brown sugar, firmly packed
    1 ½ tsp vanilla
    3 eggs
    2 tbsp. sour milk
    After this is creamed add ½ c. peanut butter (chunky style) and mix until smooth. Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix well. Add 1 ¼ c. quick oats, ½ c. raisins and ½ c. chopped nuts. This will be pretty stiff, so roll up your sleeves and get both hands in there and just have a squishy good time until well mixed.
    Drop on greased baking sheet and flatten out a bit. Bake at 375 for about 15 min.
    Makes about 5 doz. 2” cookies.

Thank you!

We'll have to "have a squishy good time" tomorrow! My girls LOVE to bake cookies, and my boys (including the 50 year old one!) LOVE to eat them....
    We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls. ~Robert J. McCracken

"I do not believe that the power and duty of the General Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering...to the end that the lesson should be constantly enforced that, though the people support the Government, the Government should not support the people." Grover Cleveland

Default Funny!~

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Mine View Post
    My favorite oatmeal cookie recipe is on the back of the Quaker Oats box. I was asked to make a batch of Christmas cookies for a church group. I didn't want to bother with a bunch of recipes, so I tried tweaking things. First I whizzed the oats in a blender, then I used all white sugar instead of the white/brown combination. That worked pretty well, so for my next trick I used peanut butter instead of shortening. I made balls and mashed them with a fork. Then I tried adding some ground ginger. For that batch I actually bought a gingerbread man cookie cutter. While I was at the store I got some maraschino cherries and made some cherry cookies. All with the same recipe!

The housewives bugged me for my gingerbread recipe. They wouldn't believe me when I told them it was on the back of the Quaker Oats box!

There is a sequel to this story. A couple weeks later they asked me to make a cake for a class. A banana cake. I thought "You want a banana cake? I'll make you a banana cake!" I unrolled two coat hangers and twisted them together, then bent that into the shape of a banana just the right size to fit corner to corner in the oven. I folded aluminum foil over it to make a pan. It took two boxes of cake mix to fill it. For a surprise I used spice cake. The only thing big enough to haul it was a three foot board from my bookshelf. I mixed up yellow and brown frosting for it, and then stuck a Dole banana label in the middle.

They asked one more time. This time they wanted a regular sized cake with "something appropriate" written on it. I assumed that meant a scripture, so I made a regular three layer cake and wrote "EAT ME!" on it. I thought that was more appropriate than "Rise, Peter, kill and eat".

Love the imagination!
    Mom of All Trades... Patent Pending

"Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Benjamin Franklin pen name Richard Saunders

I love the Cookbook. And, this thread. I think it is this kind of interaction right now that is keeping me from screaming. Thank you everyone. May God bless us all. AL