Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: H1N1 experience... interesting herbal discovery and REMEDIES!

Red face Last week was my once a month trip to town ...

And, Friday morning I started feeling sorta off. So, I used my cold/flu tincture twice.

Saturday although no worse still was just not right so decided to dip into the new bottle of elderberry tincture that was still perking.

So, everyday since last Friday I have taken two doses a day of my cold/flu tincture and also the elderberry tincture.

Whatever it was/is is very mild and not enough to put me off my food or make me stay in bed for the whole time. Which here on the ranch can't be done anyway.

Eating light, resting when possible and taking the tinctures so far is working well.

For the past few years I've been taking the elderberry once a day and have not been sick. BUT, I ran out and did not start a new batch until the end of December.

And, something did get ahold of me but was mild thanks to the tinctures.

It is so easy to perk up a batch of this stuff and it does work against colds and flu.

Nazareth is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Babs - my Sambucus, Nature's Answer that I purchased from Amazon has 5000mg of Black Elderberry, infused with Echinacea and Astragalus. I think perhaps each brand of Sambucus may be different?

Putting up a new batch of elderberry syrup today just a bump to keep the old remedies in your mind for this flu season.

Hallelujah!
    Jesus, you have overcome the World!

Every high place must come down,
    Every stronghold shall be broken,
    You wear the Victor's Crown!
    You've overcome!
    You've overcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKmLKSQCydA

Here's my experience:
    On the day I first feel the beginning of a cold/flu:
    I take a bite or 2 of Garlic Chives. They are mild and easy to use.
    And when chewed up at the first signs of a cold, they usually stop it quick.
    They help later on in the course of colds and flus.
    Simply eat a bit of the green stems & flowers too.

The plants can take cold too.
    I once was sick and used garlic cloves. Hot to taste, and to make them work, I had to take so much
    I reeked of garlic.

The cloves are mild and don't make me stink, and they work fast.
    Can order starts on computer system.
    Some nurserys carry it too.

Vinegar Weed

About Vinegarweed (Trichostema lanceolatum)

The annual herb of the mint family Trichostema lanceolatum is commonly known as vinegar weed because its foliage contains volatile oils that have a strong vinegar odor. Other common names for the plant include terpentine weed and camphor weed. The oils also have phytotoxic properties, which help vinegar weed compete by killing or injuring other plant species. Indians of northern California used the plant as a cold and fever remedy, a pain reliever, and a flea repellent. Vinegar weed is a wildflower bearing striking purple-blue flowers on short green stems. The numerous leaves are juicy and green and are covered in fluffy hairs. The plant is well adapted to its native range in California, where it thrives in dry, nutrient-poor, sun-baked clay soil. In hot weather the vinegar smell of the plant becomes intense as the oils in the tissues permeate the air. The plants of this genus are sometimes called blue curls, but this name may be more associated with the similar, but sweeter smelling, species Trichostema lanatum. Vinegar weed is found on the west coast of North America from northern Mexico to southern Canada.

I used it crushed up with olive oil, baby aspirin & a touch of DSMO on a patch of Shingles that broke out. It killed the pain for several hours.
    When it became painish again, I put more on. The Shingles were gone in less than a week.

One thing amazing about this thread:
    We can write & talk about and do herbal remedies, whereas under the Vatican, people who knew about and used herbs were hunted down, tortured and burned to death.
    They were replaced with "doctors" who used bogus "cures" that often caused worse things and killed people. Hurry up an join that Vatican gang of Edomites pretending to be Christians if you hate herbs and people knowledgeable about them.

Appreciate the information. Thanks!