3/4 cup diced celery
    1teaspoon dried basil
    1teaspoon dried parsley flakes
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 1/2 cups milk
    4 cups diced potatoes
    8ozs velveta cubed
    salt & pepper to taste
    Brown hamburger and add potatoes,onions,celery& carrots saute together about 5 minutes.
    Add cream of chicken, milk,basil and parsley cook until potatoes are tender add the velveta and cook until cheese is melted. I usually use dried onion 1 tablespoon and dried celery 2 tablespoons and if no fresh carrots you can use canned carrots chopped up. I usually have to triple this recipe for my bunch. It will serve 6 to 8 but not if they eat like mine do. I buy fresh baby carrots when on sale and run them in the chopper and freeze them just for this soup. If you can your own potatoes like I do then just add a quart of those and it takes no time to make this for a quick and hearty dinner. Mrs. Silvertop

Quote Originally Posted by Nancyapple View Post
    "I had this as a kid & wish I could find the recipe, it went something like this, Brown hamburger, make some mashed potatoes,fresh or instant, & peas & carrots. When Hamburger is done, put in a baking dish, layer the the mashed potatoes over the burger, put the peas & carrots on top of the potatoes, & bake.
    The part of the recipe I cant find is that we used to make it into a ring,looked really good presentation wise.
    Hi NancyApple I think your Mom must have put the mixture into an Angel Food cake pan the kind that the bottom comes out after it is cooked. I think she must have used something as a gravy too between the layers. So try this: After you have browned your hamburger with some minced onions and they are cooked, now add a can of cream of mushroom soup with 1/2 can of light cream and mix that into your hamburger mixture. Put that in your pan, layer corn on top of that layer and then the last layer would be mashed potatoes. I put dots of extra butter on top of the potatoes and some people like shredded cheese too. (I can't have the extra fat). Bake for at least 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until your potatoes are browned around the edges. (Now, if you had some beef gravy that would be very good in place of the mushroom soup mixture....I NEVER use canned gravy of any kind....it is all awful). Try this and I think it will be more like your Mom made it. With love, AL

We called this Shepard's pie - yummy.
    [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by debra777 View Post
    I know I shouldn’t but here goes .
    **** ON THE SHINGLES
    Make gravy, fry ground beef
    mix gravy with ground beef
    Pour on sandwich bread .
    Pretty good .
    Debra, my hubby would love you for this one. I make it sometimes for him. I used to use shaved beef, but have found that it is now not the same and it is way too salty. Why can't they leave good alone??? Trying to make it cheaper I guess. AL

Quote Originally Posted by TeeHee View Post
    Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients:
    Ground Beef
    Philly Cream Cheese (1 box)
    Cream of Mushroom soup (1 can)
    Milk (1/2 of soup can)
    Egg Noodles

Directions:
    Brown ground beef and drain excess fat
    Place back into pan place in Philly cream cheese, mushroom soup, and milk. Lower heat and let cream cheese, soup, and milk mix in with the beef

Cook egg noodles according to directions.

Serve stroganoff over egg noodles.
    I tried this with 2 lbs. of ground deer meat. Never had this before with the cream cheese and all. It was great, so thanks much for the recipe!

She

Quote Originally Posted by TeeHee View Post
    Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients:
    Ground Beef
    Philly Cream Cheese (1 box)
    Cream of Mushroom soup (1 can)
    Milk (1/2 of soup can)
    Egg Noodles

Directions:
    Brown ground beef and drain excess fat
    Place back into pan place in Philly cream cheese, mushroom soup, and milk. Lower heat and let cream cheese, soup, and milk mix in with the beef

Cook egg noodles according to directions.

Serve stroganoff over egg noodles.
    Sounds so yummy. I just gained five pounds reading it. AL

Sometimes I just brown a pound of hamburger with some onions. Then I cut up a quart of my canned potatoes and add that with a can of mushroom soup. Heat thru. Pretty quick and stays with you.

Another for TNHermit :)