Here's another one that's very easy and yummy:

Brookfield Hotel Corn

2 10 oz pkgs frozen corn
    1 stick butter
    8 oz cream cheese
    3 t sugar
    6 t water
    s&p

Mix together and slow cook in crockpot for 4 hours.

Can also add a Tbsp or so of diced green and/or red pepper or jalapeno peppers if you like them.
    LOL okay...gonna have to try this one too now...

She

Quote Originally Posted by SheWoff View Post
    Oh man was that ever good!!!! It came out more like a cornbread than it did something like a scalloped corn type dish. I loved it. Ate half of it lol. I did cut the recipe in half and it made a medium sized casserole dish full. If I had made the whole thing it would have made two of them! Sure was good though...thanks for posting that. I copied it and put it in my kitchen binder.

She
    I'm glad you liked! I did that, too, the first time I made it. I kept eating and eating. And then I'd have leftovers. LOL!! I love cornbread, so I guess that's why I was so enamored with it.

I'm saving this one. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee on Earth View Post
    I'm glad you liked! I did that, too, the first time I made it. I kept eating and eating. And then I'd have leftovers. LOL!! I love cornbread, so I guess that's why I was so enamored with it.

LOL I love it too! Of course living here in the south, it is served at just about every other meal. So it helps to have a few different ways to make it. I thought this one would go well with meats like a deer roast better than just plain cornbread would.

She

Quote Originally Posted by SheWoff View Post
    LOL I love it too! Of course living here in the south, it is served at just about every other meal. So it helps to have a few different ways to make it. I thought this one would go well with meats like a deer roast better than just plain cornbread would.

She
    It also goes REALLY well with anything BBQ. (Ribs, chicken, brisket, etc.)

Recipe looks yummy to me too ! I'm gonna have to try it. If it turns out like a cornbread I also wonder how a few diced jalapenos tossed in would be?? Jalopeno cornbread ? Hhmmmm............... :)

Quote Originally Posted by homemakerof6 View Post
    Recipe looks yummy to me too ! I'm gonna have to try it. If it turns out like a cornbread I also wonder how a few diced jalapenos tossed in would be?? Jalopeno cornbread ? Hhmmmm............... :)
    After making a couple, I can honestly say I think it would fit in just great!! Now why didn't I think of that? Duh me lol. I knew it needed a little "kick" to it, I just couldn't figure out what though. Thanks homemaker!

She

Funny you should mention that. I added some of my favorite cajun spice to the leftovers, and absolutely loved that. I decided that the next time I make it, I'm going to add some cajun. Jalapenos sound great, too! Now I'm thinking, "should I add a few ounces of cheddar as well?"

Quote Originally Posted by jubilee on earth View Post
    funny you should mention that. I added some of my favorite cajun spice to the leftovers, and absolutely loved that. I decided that the next time i make it, i'm going to add some cajun. Jalapenos sound great, too! Now i'm thinking, "should i add a few ounces of cheddar as well?"

:-d
    yes!!

Smile

Thanks for sharing everyone. My favorite corn pudding recipe is kind of a glorified cornbread. I usually make this for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is a little more trouble than the others listed here but worth the effort. It calls for canned green chilies, fresh corn, buttermilk and cheese. I think this came from one of the Sunset cookbooks. I like to bake it in my big oval Corningware dish.

Corn Pudding

4 ears fresh corn (cut corn from cob)
    4 scallions, finely chopped
    3 canned green chilies, chopped
    3/4 lb Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, divided
    1 cup yellow cornmeal
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    3/4 teaspoon soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 eggs
    2 1/4 cup buttermilk
    2 Tablespoons butter

In one bowl, mix dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix eggs, corn, chilies, scallions, 1 cup cheese and buttermilk. Place baking dish (2 qt) in 425 degree oven to heat. When hot, drop in butter and spread around to coat dish. Immediately, pour egg mixture into cornmeal mixture, stirring just til combined. Do not beat. Pour into hot dish, top with a little more cheese and place in upper third of oven. Bake about 25 min til golden and firm, but slightly soft in center.