Thread: Homemade Cream of Wheat

Thumbs up Homemade Cream of Wheat

Thought this might be helpful here.

• 1 cup Coarsely Ground Wheat
    • 1 Liter Milk
    • 1 pinch(es) Salt
    • 1 teaspoon Vanilla (optional)
    • Sugar, To Taste

Bring milk and salt to almost a boil in a heavy saucepan. Do not boil the milk; heat just until there are bubbles around the edges.

Carefully pour in wheat while stirring with a whisk to prevent lumps. Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or so until thick, stirring occasionally. Add vanilla and sugar to taste.

You can add in any mix-ins that sound good - raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, chopped nuts, chopped apples or peaches or figs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee on Earth View Post

• 1 Liter Milk
    • 1 pinch(es) Salt
    • Sugar, To Taste

Bring milk and salt to almost a boil in a heavy saucepan. Do not boil the milk; heat just until there are bubbles around the edges.

Carefully pour in wheat while stirring with a whisk to prevent lumps. Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or so until thick, stirring occasionally. Add vanilla and sugar to taste.

You can add in any mix-ins that sound good - raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, chopped nuts, chopped apples or peaches or figs, etc.
    this is so good, and I add a tablespoon or more of cocoa, for cocoa wheats, home made.
    momof23goats

I love Cream of Wheat ... thanks!!

awesome! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by momof23goats View Post
    this is so good, and I add a tablespoon or more of cocoa, for cocoa wheats, home made.
    that's funny, I thought my DH was the only one who did that

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee on Earth View Post

• 1 Liter Milk
    • 1 pinch(es) Salt
    • Sugar, To Taste

Does it matter which type of wheat? Thanks for sharing this. We love cream of wheat on a cold morning!

Hot wheat sprouts

Before breakfast soak wheat seeds in water. After breakfast, rinse and drain and set aside. Rinse and drain again every 4 hours or so. Before bedtime, put the seeds in a thermos and add boiling water to cover. In the morning dump all into a blender and run a few seconds. Add salt, milk, sweetener, and flavorings as desired. Enjoy.

I have to tell you, I am ADDICTED to this homemade cream of wheat, I use whole flour, that has been ground fresh at a an old fashioned mill, and it is jsut delicious!