Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bean Soup Recipes

I make this for the two of us from time to time, it is easy to make and my wife really loves it.

Bob's Bodacious Bean soup

In a large pot add a little oil and saute
    1 large onion chopped in rather large pieces
    1 large sweet pepper chopped the same
    then add
    1 quart home canned tomatoes
    1 quart home canned black or pinto beans
    1 lb. smoked sausage cut up in bite sized pieces
    (any other kind of sausage will also work)
    I season with chopped garlic, a bay leaf or two and some cilantro (I like a little hot sauce in mine but wife doesn't )
    (you can vary your own seasoning as you wish.)
    bring to a boil then simmer all day long.

At supper time wife will make us a pan of corn bread to go with it.
    One day or Day one?

Default Lima Bean Soup..Yummy

I have never made this before, but I found Dried Huge Lima Beans in a one pound bag and had to give it a go as my hubby loved Lima Beans.

Bring water to cover the lima beans in a big pot with salt to a boil. Cover and simmer two minutes. Cover, turn the heat off and let sit to a couple of hours in the now boiled water that has been turned off.

Drain well:

In a big pot, saute two pieces of nice bacon minced up along with one chopped up big onion along with a tablespoon of butter. Saute until lightly browned. Add Lima Beans back into the Pot. Cover with organic broth of your choice. Salt and pepper and cover back up, cook on low for about one and a half hours. Liquid will be absorbed and it will be awesome soup. My non-soup eating husband ate all of his and I only have a bit left for lunch today. Give it a go, I think you will like it. God bless, all, AL

I have just gotten a pressure cooker to go with my pressure canner and I have to say the beans and bean soups made it in are amazing. It is not so much the recipe as the heat and canning pressure, I have even made beans without meat in them that DH will eat and that is really something!
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Ham,Bacon, Onions and Garlic for good bean soup!!

And lot of pepper for me
    Freedom is the ability to chose who or what you will be a slave to.

Without knowledge of good and evil how do you reason? If you cant reason how can you be free??

There are those who have opinions and then there is the Harriet Oleson Society and the Gnat and Camel Club

Hi TNHermit, you and my hubby both...I forgot to mention the pepper!! We grind our own from a big brass hand held coffee grinder except we use it for pepper. AL

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Lover View Post
    Hi TNHermit, you and my hubby both...I forgot to mention the pepper!! We grind our own from a big brass hand held coffee grinder except we use it for pepper. AL
    You know it sister!!
    Freedom is the ability to chose who or what you will be a slave to.

Without knowledge of good and evil how do you reason? If you cant reason how can you be free??

There are those who have opinions and then there is the Harriet Oleson Society and the Gnat and Camel Club