If you like wonderfully moist turkey that's easy to fix, this recipe is for you. It was given to me by a colleague several years ago. After fixing the turkey this way one time, it was so good, it became the only way. This will seem counter-intuitive, but if you do it, you'll be glad. It also frees up the oven on Thanksgiving Day to allow for the other things to be baked.

We usually bake a 16-20 pound turkey. If you use a markedly smaller or larger bird, you may need to adjust the time. Here are the instructions:

The turkey will bake overnight! After baking all night, remove the roasting pan from the oven to drain the juice if you need it but do not open the foil. There will be juice outside of the foil. After draining, place the lid back onto the roasting pan and leave it until you are ready to serve your meal.

Make sure the turkey is completely thawed if using a frozen one. Wrap the bird in several layers of tin foil. Place it in a roasting pan but add no water. There will be juice after it is cooked for the dressings, gravy, etc. Place a lid on the bird.

Pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees. Place the roasting pan into the oven but not too close to the bottom coils, if possible. Cook at 500 degrees for 30 minutes. Without opening the oven, reduce the heat to 250 and leave it until morning. When you get up, the turkey is done! Plus, the house will smell wonderful. The timing for a large bird is like this...we put it in at about 11 pm on Thanksgiving Eve. Then, by 7-8 am, it is done. We take the roasting pan out of the oven, drain some juice for gravy and leave it with cover until we eat, which is usually around 1 pm. The turkey remains warm and DELICIOUS. The meat is so moist that you won't believe it and such flavor. MMmmm.

I have told this process to numerous friends and none has tried it. I don't know why. It does sound rather strange. But, if you try it, I think you will find all that has been written here is truth. If you do try it, by the way, PM me and let me know. I'm dying for someone to give this a go and share the joy!