Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find 100% wool socks

Did you check this thread on TOL yet? May be what you need.

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...ad.php?t=82998

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

We buy wool socks at the sporting goods stores like Gander Mountain, Cabelas, REI, Dicks Sporting Goods, Bass Pro Shops, etc.

All of them have websites that you can order from. Just a matter of finding what you want. They're pricey, but very high quality. Ours have lasted us for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho1 View Post
    Did you check this thread on TOL yet? May be what you need.

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...ad.php?t=82998
    Nah, they're a blend. I *really* don't like blends. Try to stick with all natural fibers (cotton, linen, silk, hemp, wool...ykwim).

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    Thank you so much, grower! I'll be perusing this link more thoroughly in the coming days (do wish that they had the wool bottoms for their long underwear, though)...

Rachel

Woolrich. All wool. Also L.L. Bean on line or catalog all wool. Or, The Trading Post in Kittery, Maine. All wool many kinds. Just look on line. I buy them All the time for all the guys and gals. AL

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee on Earth View Post
    We buy wool socks at the sporting goods stores like Gander Mountain, Cabelas, REI, Dicks Sporting Goods, Bass Pro Shops, etc.

All of them have websites that you can order from. Just a matter of finding what you want. They're pricey, but very high quality. Ours have lasted us for several years.
    A lot of those places sell blends. Even the ones that say "Wool socks", check the fiber content. Mostly nylon, sometimes acrylic, etc. They do it for stretching, wear issues, etc. Personally I think some wool/silk blend ones would be nice. I'd like some tights like that, too. Doubt I could afford more than one pair at a time, but I'd be warm waiting for the other pairs to arrive, lol!

Rachel

Default Smartwool socks will do...

I prefer Bridgedale socks myself, specifically the midweight Trekkers.

I found a couple of small scale manufacturers--don't know if the one has any left, but this one looks to be doing good business, and it seems to be a place many TOLers would be interested in supporting...

http://www.cowboy.com/index.php?nav=listing&id=19758

Go check out their website...

Rachel

Oh--the wool comes from the dd's flock of sheep, no pesticides, etc, their homeschoolers, etc. ANd, best yet, they are reasonably priced $12/pr.

Rachel