Thread: A Different Way to Fix Hotdogs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It actually sounds pretty good, reminds me of a stuffed baked potato for some reason.
    Pull my finger!

I guess to some people chains don't matter as long as they have the right letter on them. Frankly I don't want to be in chains.

"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause." Padme in Star Wars Episode III

Liberty is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Yep, sounds good...except the hot dog part. Yuck!!! Pooey! Now maybe hamburger balls would be acceptable, but not hot dogs.

Sounds like a great idea. I do something similar with hamburger. Rather than putting all the toppings on top of the hamburger, I just mix them all together in the pan.

I brown the hamburger like I would for sloppy joes (drain fat off). Then I add ketchup, mustard, and pickle relish - about 1/3 c Ketchup, 1/2 tablespoon mustard, and 2 tablespoons pickle relish to 1 lb of hamburger but you can add and delete based on your preferences.
    Sometimes I caramelize chopped sweet onion to add.

Then after letting the flavors all blend for a minute or two over the heat, stirring constantly, I load some on a hamburger bun then sprinkle with cheese and sometimes put mayo on the hamburger bun top.
    Add lettuce if you have it.

My kids called it the all in one burger.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    Yep, sounds good...except the hot dog part. Yuck!!! Pooey! Now maybe hamburger balls would be acceptable, but not hot dogs.
    Not me Man - Give me HOT DOGS No, MORE HOT DOGS....

We used to have a company locally called "Schultz". They made fantastic (no filler) hot dogs. So sad, no more. People still talk about them. They were bought out by a huge company but they changed the recipe. AL

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Mine View Post
    thanks for the link, don't think I'm up for trying any of them, but it was really fun anyway.

I make something a bit similar with chunk bologna, but not warmed. You grind or chop up the bologna and mix it to taste with mayo, relish, chopped onion and a bit of horseradish sauce and any mustard you like and slap onto sandwich bread. Food of the gods!

I'm gonna try those hot dogs, sounds wonderful!

These sound great. My granddaughters 2 and 6 love to cook with me so I think I will give this a shot next time they are over, plus these will be great for my wife's young teen Sunday School class. I try to have something for them each week from cookies to pizza, etc. Think these will be a hit.