Quote Originally Posted by juststartn View Post
I've just gotten mine settled into its overnight "bath". I was just wondering if anyone else on here was doing the same, and what you were putting in it.

I've got kosher salt, brown sugar, peppercorns, sage, bay leaf, some minced onion, and garlic (the last two were DH's additions, lol).

We're going to put it in the oven in about 12 hrs, so it should get good and brined between now and then, in the coolness of our pantry room. I've got the bird in the cooler, inside a couple trash bags, completely covered in the brine...hopefully, it will taste as good as it smells!

I've got the four pies on the counter, the ingredients for everything else ready to go, and breakfast is going to be "shove it down your throat, I need the kitchen!" LOL. Got to get those cloverleaf rolls going earrrrllly.

LOL

Rachel
Oh yeah. It's been in for 6 hours now. Been doing it for a few years. My recipe is similar to what you're doing, except I omitted the bay leaf and added some herbs I grew over the summer; sage, rosemary, parsley, oregano, plus a dash of red chili pepper, and a bottle of Michelob beer...