Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else brining their bird?

brined mine also for the first time. Salt, sugar, various herbs. The skin was so beautifully (and tastefully!) browned.

Will definitely always brine from now on!

I dry rubbed mine, injected with butter, garlic marinade. Spun it in my Showtime Rotisserie OVen. it's gone already.

We've brined ours for a number of years now, and it always turns out fabulous and juicy! Mmmmmm, good eatin' !

Love, in Christ,
    Lisa

Default Brining Birds

We have been doing this for years and have passed the method around to other family members. If you think your T Bird came out well, we suggest you also try it with oven roasters and chickens. Some recipies also call for the addition of white vinegar. On another note: A couple of years ago I obtained a half a dozen copies of a "Home Meat Curing Guide" published by Morton Salt Co. It is an eight chapter, thirty-two page paperback illustrated guide to curing hams,bacon, small cuts and sausage. Their website is:

www.mortonsalt.com

IMO there is no such thing as too much Kosher Salt in your home and this guide may provide evidence of that. They point out that plain salt curing of of meats, fish, game, and poultry do not produce a palatible product and they have developed other spice mixes that include sugar and nitrates. my recollection is that this guide is not always in stock and I had to wait a few weeks. Good luck if you decided to get a copy.
    Stop What You Are Doing!
    Don't Make Me Hurt You!
    You Have The Absolute Right To Flee Without Being Shot!
    Honestly. I Am Not Like That Anymore!

Mine was...unbelievable. The best I've ever done.
    Careful...the older I get, the less "life sentence" is a deterrent.

My DH said that this was probably the best holiday meal we've had--and we've been married almost 15 yrs now.

We will ALWAYS brine the birds from now on.

Rachel

I have only done roasting chickens and yes, it did make a difference. Very moist and nice. AL