Thread: Cranberry Candy

Default Cranberry Candy

Cranberry Candy
    1 can of jellied cranberry sauce ( do not use whole berries)
    1 cup of sugar
    3 small pkgs. of Rasberry jello
    1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
    fine granulated sugar to coat finished candy.

Melt cranberry sauce in sauce pan, add sugar and mix well, add jello and stir
    over medium heat until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
    Remove from heat and let stand 20 minutes. Add the nuts and pour into a
    lightly greased 9x9 pan. Do not use spray coating to grease the pan. Let
    stand for 24 hrs. DO NOT REFRIGERATE! After candy sets and congeal, cut in
    small squares and roll in fine granulated sugar, or shake in small plastic bag.
    Store in tightly covered container. Do not refrigerate.
    ------------------------------
    Shamelessly stolen from another forum.....
    This candy is just terrific, Its unversally liked except for people who cant have nuts, but it works fine without the nuts.....

Just make sure you all wait the required 24 hours before trying to do the sugar coating.
    I also noticed that the canned cranberry jelly never really seems to melt so after a while of it in the pan, I just throw in the sugar and it seems to become more melted and smooth after that.....
    It ships good, too. I let it dry in the open air for at least two days and it kinda gets a thin harder "shell" on it and then I'll wrap it up and tuck it into a box destined for someone.....
    AND I use regular sugar, the xtra fne just makes it messy.

Bit beyond my cooking skills.......I'll stick with melting white chocolate & putting (dipping) unprocced (raw) cranbarries in the chocolate 3 at a time & putting on wax paper.......Letting them solitify....til eating.

wonderer

WW since you are in the same basic part of the country as I am, how about huckleberry instead of cranberry?

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus Whisperer View Post
    Cranberry Candy
    1 can of jellied cranberry sauce ( do not use whole berries)
    1 cup of sugar
    3 small pkgs. of Rasberry jello
    1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
    fine granulated sugar to coat finished candy.

Melt cranberry sauce in sauce pan, add sugar and mix well, add jello and stir
    over medium heat until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
    Remove from heat and let stand 20 minutes. Add the nuts and pour into a
    lightly greased 9x9 pan. Do not use spray coating to grease the pan. Let
    stand for 24 hrs. DO NOT REFRIGERATE! After candy sets and congeal, cut in
    small squares and roll in fine granulated sugar, or shake in small plastic bag.
    Store in tightly covered container. Do not refrigerate.
    ------------------------------
    Shamelessly stolen from another forum.....
    This candy is just terrific, Its unversally liked except for people who cant have nuts, but it works fine without the nuts.....

Just make sure you all wait the required 24 hours before trying to do the sugar coating.
    I also noticed that the canned cranberry jelly never really seems to melt so after a while of it in the pan, I just throw in the sugar and it seems to become more melted and smooth after that.....
    It ships good, too. I let it dry in the open air for at least two days and it kinda gets a thin harder "shell" on it and then I'll wrap it up and tuck it into a box destined for someone.....
    AND I use regular sugar, the xtra fne just makes it messy.
    sounds wonderful.
    momof23goats

MaryLu, I would think any kind of real homemade jelly would work since that is all the canned cranberry sauce is-Its cranberry jelly. I would only use the recipe as is to see if it works okay before doubling it and maybe finding out it doesnt work right for some reason. Let us all know if it works!

I made the cranberry and it is terrific. I have some huckleberry jam and will try it next. Instead of the jello though, I was going to use knox geletine instead. I will let you know. If it works, it opens a whole new use for my jelly around Christmas.

Fresh cranberries dipped in white chocolate sounds delicious. I would never have thought of that. Can't wait to try it!