Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Day The Dollar Died" Series Links

The one read I looked forward to was "The Day the Dollar Died". Thank you John
    "Destiny waits alike for the free man as well as for him enslaved by another's might."
    Aeschylus, The Libation Bearers

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    John, The link for chapter XXI: Burning Fields of Cotton doesn't work.
    A work of fiction these days.

Love the flag graphic you put in, though.

has this been put into a PDF yet ?
    skills beat gadgets and practicality beats style

fire is life, so know it, understand it and make it your friend
    the cold doesn't care whether you live or die

TSHTF does not mean you stop living
    you just change your definition of a " good life "

Kyratshooter

After hours of reconstruction, editing myself, and cleaning up several chapters, the entire series is now available again. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, the .PDF version will be available this week along with an e-Book version.

You can click on this link:

The Day the Dollar Died Series

but it gives you the story from last to first due to posting dates.

Thanks for your patience,
    John
    I've always wondered what the 1920's and 1930's were like, but I never wanted to see it from the German perspective.....

www.johngaltfla.com

So that's where you have been! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib View Post
    So that's where you have been! Thanks.
    Bingo. Very busy. Doing it all myself makes it a slow process, believe me between work, radio, and just keeping up to date on the news so my blog remains viable.

The Day the Dollar Died: Now Available in PDF Format
    I've always wondered what the 1920's and 1930's were like, but I never wanted to see it from the German perspective.....

www.johngaltfla.com

John, when I attempt to download the file, it seems to want to install another program (VLC player). Is there a simple way just to download the .pdf file by itself. I must be doing something wrong. Enjoyed the book and thanks for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by JimO51 View Post
    John, when I attempt to download the file, it seems to want to install another program (VLC player). Is there a simple way just to download the .pdf file by itself. I must be doing something wrong. Enjoyed the book and thanks for your work.
    I had the same problem. It wanted to install programs on my computer. Since I didn't know what they were, I stopped the download, and uninstalled those programs.

Quote Originally Posted by JimO51 View Post
    If you don't have the Adobe Reader set as your default PDF reader, your computer will seek an alternative program or plug in (in the case of Firefox) to open it. VLC is a very good universal media player and I have used it in the past. It is not part of my PDF file as it was saved from Adobe.

www.johngaltfla.com

I was having the same problem.

When you hit the link on John's site it takes you to a JumboFiles page. Here's where I kept getting confused...at the bottom of the page there is a big blue "DOWNLOAD" button with a countdown timer next to it. DON't click on that one---it starts the whole VLC thing.

Just above it is a small gray download button which immediately opened the file in Adobe Reader.

Worked for me anyway.
    We are fast approaching the stage of ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do as it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission. - Ayn Rand