Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loft House Cookies..yumm!

Default Loft House Cookies..yumm!

Does anyone else besides me love these cookies?! I happened upon this "copy-cat" recipe and can't wait to try it! According to the woman who figured this out, they taste just like the real deal......and uses Jiffy Baking mix as the base:

Recipe on Jiffy...
    2 cups Jiffy baking mix
    2/3 cup white sugar
    1/3 cup milk
    5 tbsp Criso Shortening
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees...Grease baking sheet. Mix all ingredients and spoon onto pans(shorten version of directions) Bake for 8-10 minutes and remove to cool.

Now I didn't grease my baking sheet...no need for added oils....with the except of the shortening 1 batch makes about 33 small cookies or at least my 1st batch did, but then I made them bigger on the next 2 batches. But again, I didn't grease my baking sheet, I used parchment paper, soo much easier not to have to pry them off with a spatula. I placed my batter in a 16 inch decorator's piping bag with a size 2 rosette tip(aka star tip) and piped them on the baking sheet, baked and cooled....then I used the Decorator Frosting I http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Decorator-Frosting-I/Detail.aspx< from the site and added sprinkles...and Ta-Da, your done...How cool is that. Thought I'd share with you my excitement. And no need to pay 3 or 4 dollars for a dozen when I can make several batches for less then that. Enjoy!
    http://allrecipes.com/Cook/10327316/...?postid=204179Homemade Lofthouse Cookies aka Jiffy cookie mix

X
    Photo Detail

Homemade Lofthouse Cookies aka Jiffy baking mix cookies

X
    Photo Detail

Homemade Lofthouse Cookies aka Jiffy baking mix cookies

X
    Photo Detail

X
    Photo Detail

X
    Photo Detail

wow, thanks, can't wait to try it! I happen to have some bulk baking mix from Winco on hand, I'll give that a try. Yours look better than the $$$bakery$$$ ones!
    ~Kate

Mary is the Mother of Jesus and the Mother of all of us even though it was Christ alone who reposed on her knees… If he is ours, we ought to be in his situation; there where he is, we ought also to be and all that he has ought to be ours, and his mother is also our mother. —Martin Luther, Christmas Sermon, 1529.

Any recipes that start with something a bit more basic than Jiffy Baking mix?...
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Wow, I'll take a dozen, thank you very much! :)
    Don't wait to prep when there is an emergency - it's too late.

They certainly look pretty! I don't even know what Jiffy Baking Mix is. ??? Is it like Bisquick? thanks. AL

Jiffy Mix is a pre-packaged all purpose mix simliar to Bisquick. Jiffy also has a full line of other mixes such as cornbread, cakes, icing, and so on. They are very inexpensive (about 30-something cents) and very popular. I always have several boxes on hand for "just-in-case".

I haven't tried the all purpose baking mix, but I'm sure its good. The woman who discovered this particular recipe also goes on to say that for comparison sake, she also tried this with Bisquick and Pioneer mix brands, but found Jiffy to be the best.

I hope this recipe turns out well....... Those Loft House cookies are wonderful! And, as a matter of fact, Marsh (local grocery) was giving out samples of them yesterday morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Disastercat View Post
    Any recipes that start with something a bit more basic than Jiffy Baking mix?...
    If you can't get Jiffy Baking mix, you should be able to make these cookies with Missouri Mix.

Recipe for making Missouri Mix is here, along with several recipes for using it~

http://grandmaw.proboards.com/index....lay&thread=668
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Anybody made them yet? Can't wait to find out if they really do taste like Loft cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    If you can't get Jiffy Baking mix, you should be able to make these cookies with Missouri Mix.

Recipe for making Missouri Mix is here, along with several recipes for using it~

http://grandmaw.proboards.com/index....lay&thread=668
    Thank you very much for sharing this link! I'm going to need more toner, what a great resource for new recipe ideas

Thanks, I have instructions for Missouri Mix, so I may make up a batch. We can't get either Jiffy products or Bisquick here in Ireland, except from the American PX in England (when friends in the Military are shopping) and since that is a limited source I prefer to have them bring the things we can't copy like Masa Harina for real corn tortillas or liquid smoke.

Those cookies look wonderful...
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats