The Tree Of Liberty The Tree Of Liberty  

Go Back   The Tree Of Liberty > Public > Committees of Correspondence

Committees of Correspondence Hard News And Discussion Amongst Citizens Of The Tree

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Echo's Avatar
Echo Echo is online now
Esquire
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Apparently, the U.S.S.A.
Posts: 1,633
Default March 31: Operation Global Blackout: Hackers Intend to Shut Down the Internet

March 31: Operation Global Blackout: Hackers Intend to Shut Down the Internet by Disabling Core DNS Servers


The hacking group known as Anonymous intends to attack the core servers that control the routing of all internet traffic. DNS, or Domain Name Servers, are a critical backbone of the web and make it possible for internet surfers to reach web site destinations by typing in a domain name in their browsers. Once a particular web site is requested, a query is sent to a domain name server, which then redirects that web address to a specific IP address on the web. Without these servers, access to web sites through traditional means (typing in a ‘dot com’) becomes impossible, because there is no way to direct the traffic to the appropriate web site destination.

According to a statement released by Anonymous, it is these servers that will come under fire on Saturday, March 31.

Source:
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...rvers_03282012

Just a "heads up".
__________________
Why our kids will grow up fearing guns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONroGwM-jFA

The more people I meet...The better I like my dog.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:24 AM
kadosh kadosh is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 3,024
Default

IMHO "Anonymous" is to the internet what Bin Laden was to the global "terror network". It is a psy-op tool of the NWO. If TPTB want the net down, it'll go down. If they don't, it won't. "Anonymous" is just another spook-contrived boogeyman.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Craig Craig is offline
Merchant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadosh View Post
IMHO "Anonymous" is to the internet what Bin Laden was to the global "terror network". It is a psy-op tool of the NWO. If TPTB want the net down, it'll go down. If they don't, it won't. "Anonymous" is just another spook-contrived boogeyman.
This ^
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:28 AM
dilligaf's Avatar
dilligaf dilligaf is offline
Judge
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: north ga mtns
Posts: 18,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadosh View Post
IMHO "Anonymous" is to the internet what Bin Laden was to the global "terror network". It is a psy-op tool of the NWO. If TPTB want the net down, it'll go down. If they don't, it won't. "Anonymous" is just another spook-contrived boogeyman.
i disagree.. i had the pleasure of interacting with them for a month or so a few years back.. they, IMO are not a psy-op..

you probably should look at their history before you jump to that conclusion.. anonymous has been around for over a decade now.. they were spawned from the disdain of Scientology, when that battle was largely won,especially in europe, they moved on to bigger and better things..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Paranoid1's Avatar
Paranoid1 Paranoid1 is offline
Land Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SE PA
Posts: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
i disagree.. i had the pleasure of interacting with them for a month or so a few years back.. they, IMO are not a psy-op..

you probably should look at their history before you jump to that conclusion.. anonymous has been around for over a decade now.. they were spawned from the disdain of Scientology, when that battle was largely won,especially in europe, they moved on to bigger and better things..
Whether intentionallly or not, they are playing right into the hands of TPTB that want to control the internet. I suspect that, like the militia movement, there are good people in it, and there are also provocateurs that lead the movement into the traps intended. The direction that this is all going in points to this being the case, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-29-2012, 08:41 AM
dilligaf's Avatar
dilligaf dilligaf is offline
Judge
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: north ga mtns
Posts: 18,856
Default

well of course there are provocateurs within the movement and not just those sent by TPTB.. they certainly have those within their ranks who seek only to further their own agendas..

that being said, the core of the group certainly is not a PTB psy-op..

personally, i wish them well. at least they are doing something besides complaining and voting.. neither of which will accomplish anything.. while their actions will have unintended consequences,at least they are trying..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-29-2012, 09:23 AM
PyratePrincess's Avatar
PyratePrincess PyratePrincess is offline
Senator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,497
Default It's temp. As a protest.

‘Anonymous’ hackers plan to shut down the Internet this Saturday

By: Dan Graziano | Mar 28th, 2012 at 02:30PM
49 Comments
Filed Under: Internet

Notorious hacker group Anonymous has previously stated its intentions to shutdown the Internet on Saturday, March 31st, as a form of protest. “To protest SOPA, Wallstreet, our irresponsible leaders and the beloved bankers who are starving the world for their own selfish needs out of sheer sadistic fun, on March 31, anonymous will shut the Internet down,” the group stated last month. “Remember, this is a protest, we are not trying to ‘kill’ the Internet we are only temporarily shutting it down where it hurts the most.” Operation Global Blackout 2012 looks to shut down the Internet by disabling its core DNS servers, thus making websites inaccessible. Cyber security experts claim that it is unlikely that such an attack would be effective, however, and there is really no need to fear. Read on for more.
“The Anonymous hackers can certain cause local pockets of disruption, but these disruptions are going to be localized to networks where their attack machines are located, or where their ‘reflectors’ are located”, said Robert Graham of Errata Security. “It’s unlikely they could take all of them down, at least for any period of time. On the day of their planned Global Blackout, it’s doubtful many people would notice.”
Graham does issue a cautionary note, however. “Just because I say Anonymous can’t do it doesn’t it mean it can’t be done,” the security expert said on Errata’s blog.
__________________
~Pyrate~


"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-30-2012, 02:03 PM
tsimitpo tsimitpo is offline
Esquire
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadosh View Post
IMHO "Anonymous" is to the internet what Bin Laden was to the global "terror network". It is a psy-op tool of the NWO. If TPTB want the net down, it'll go down. If they don't, it won't. "Anonymous" is just another spook-contrived boogeyman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
i disagree.. i had the pleasure of interacting with them for a month or so a few years back.. they, IMO are not a psy-op..

you probably should look at their history before you jump to that conclusion.. anonymous has been around for over a decade now.. they were spawned from the disdain of Scientology, when that battle was largely won,especially in europe, they moved on to bigger and better things..
Just like the Tea Party movement consisted of grassroots constitutionalists AND Republican party co-opters, I see no reason that Anonymous couldn't be made up of more than one faction.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-30-2012, 02:10 PM
kadosh kadosh is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 3,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsimitpo View Post
Just like the Tea Party movement consisted of grassroots constitutionalists AND Republican party co-opters, I see no reason that Anonymous couldn't be made up of more than one faction.
I'll buy that. Good analogy to the Tea Party.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Mark D's Avatar
Mark D Mark D is offline
Tree of Liberty Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadosh View Post
IMHO "Anonymous" is to the internet what Bin Laden was to the global "terror network". It is a psy-op tool of the NWO. If TPTB want the net down, it'll go down. If they don't, it won't. "Anonymous" is just another spook-contrived boogeyman.
Go to 4Chan and post that comment.











Not really. Stay FAR away from the lunacy that is 4Chan.
__________________
Ban firearm ownership by Democrats: ALL of the mass shootings in recent history have been committed by Liberal Democrats or their children.
____
Learn some good stuff here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MAINEPREPPER
and here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Nativesurvival
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
NOTICE: The Tree of Liberty is an Internet forum for discussion of current news, national, and world events. The opinions posted do not necessarily represent those of Tree of Liberty, LLC (the owner of this website), the staff or the site's host. Responsibility for the content of each post rests solely with the Individual Member making them. Neither Tree of Liberty LLC, the Staff, nor the site's host shall be liable for any content. All original member content posted on this forum becomes the property of Tree of Liberty,LLC for archival and display purposes on the TheTreeofLiberty.com website venue. Said content may be removed or edited at staff discretion. The original authors retain all rights to their material outside of TheTreeofLiberty.Com website venue. Publication of any original material from TheTreeofLiberty.Com on other websites or venues without permission from Tree of Liberty LLC, or the original author is expressly forbidden.