The Tree Of Liberty The Tree Of Liberty  

Go Back   The Tree Of Liberty > Public > Committees of Correspondence

Committees of Correspondence Hard News And Discussion Amongst Citizens Of The Tree

Old 04-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
Post the link to Ft Carson
Here is a quote mentioning Ft Carson from a post, now on CoC page 2, about this story. Posted by The Watcher:

Quote:
"After the operation, a helicopter will evacuate the soldiers," Kucherenko said, adding that the Russian soldiers will also exercise with the U.S. special service weapons in the drills in Fort Carson, Colorado.
I got the drift regarding Fort Carson from your original post in this thread. It contained an embedded link to Fort Carson which drew a security warning when I clicked on it unawares.

I'm looking elsewhere.

Even the bravest of us rarely has the courage for what he really knows. - Nietzsche

Whatever you do, crush this infamy. - Voltaire
Old 04-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Senator

The only other material right in front of me is the Root Cellar quote I tapped previously. Posting only a link here because I have no wish to cross swords with the management.

I think the source and the opening paragraph will settle your question.

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...d.php?t=162114

Even the bravest of us rarely has the courage for what he really knows. - Nietzsche

Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Land Owner

Strange coincidence or Russian sleepers emerging amongst us?

War Games begin in Scranton

Posted on: 5:35 pm, April 27, 2012, by Jon Meyer, updated on: 08:13pm, April 27, 2012

VIDEO

War is coming to Scranton this weekend. Hundreds of troops from all over the country are arriving in the Electric City for battle between the Americans and the Russians.

This isn’t some story out of the Cold War. It is war games being played out at an abandoned industrial complex in Scranton.

The troops are assembling for war. All day soldiers of sorts from across the country have been arriving at the old Scranton Lace Works. Three hundred of them are gearing up for battle this weekend.

The weapons look real, some of the uniforms do too, but this is all a game.

It’s a simulation of war taking over this massive empty industrial complex.

“Normally we play in the outdoors just in the woods. Never do you get one million square feet of indoor play to simulate real world scenarios. You never get that opportunity,” said Dave Frye of Massachusetts.

Igor Dobroff showed off what will be the battleground, building after rundown building.

The business Operation Lion Claw rented the building out for the weekend. It organizes simulated wars all over the country.

This time the Russians will battle the Americans there.

Dobroff will lead the Russians.

“This place is just amazing, this is legend. This will be a legend. Your city is so lucky that you have this place still,” Dobroff said.

“This is a dream. This location is an absolute dream,” said John Lu of Operation Lion Claw.

You may hear screaming coming out of the building, you may here explosions or the sound of gunfire. Don’t worry, it’s not a real battle, but it is sure made to seem like it.

“We have sound effects built in there will be screaming in English and Russian, of prisoners of war being tortured, and your assignment is to get them out, but you have to find them in this maze,” Lu added.

The warriors spent part of the day making sure their weapons that shoot biodegradable BBs are safe.

Volunteers from the Scranton area are helping out.

“I’ve been eyeballing this for years and when I heard they were having a game here I immediately volunteered,” said Loven.

It will be intense. It will seem real. It’s even closing off some streets in the area, but it’s all for fun.

Sgt. Igor Dobroff

Soviet Airborne Division

Igor Dobroff was born in the city of Leningrad, USSR. At age of 19, in May of 1978, he was drafted for two years to the Soviet Army.

The Soviet Union had an universal conscription system. He asked to be employed as a member of the VDV (Airborne forces), or the Soviet Airborne Division, and the request was granted. Igor started his military experience with a rank of Private with the Guard Airborne Division, or VDD, near the old Russian city of Pskov where he enlisted as a rifleman with the Parachute Regiment (British influence). During his service Igor made three jumps including a night jump.

A year later Igor was transferred to the Artillery Airborne Regiment as a scout/radio operator with a rank of Efreitor (Corporal).

In 1980 the Soviet Army began troop deployment to the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan on a Peace-Keeping mission at which time Igor, his fellow soldiers and officers of the Guard Airborne Division, volunteered for the mission. (*a good movie reference is the hit Russian film '9 ROTA' although it depicts a later period but with same general concept). Igor and his comrades were deployed to the Bahrein Airbase, Afghanistan in January 1980 as members of the Artillery Reconnaissance Unit with a rank of a Jr. Sergeant. Sgt. Dobroff was wounded during a combat mission and evacuated from Afghanistan back to the USSR in April, 1980 to a military hospital in Tashkent, in Soviet Central Asia. In late June of 1980 he was discharged from the Soviet Army.

After his military service, Igor Dobroff enrolled in the maritime marine college and later worked as a Navigator for the Soviet Merchant Fleet where he earned the rank of Lieutenant in the Soviet Navy Reserve.

As a history enthusiast, Lt. Dobroff earned his BA degree in History from the Moscow University in 1991; the same year the Soviet Union ceased to exist.

Igor has lived in the United States since 1996.

Igor received Soviet military decorations for valor and for service in the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Judge

Location: Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

Ordinarily I don't head over to Abovetopsecret but this link has some interesting comments....
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread833664/pg1

night driver's I-garage:
http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

http://daybydaycartoon.com
Old 04-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Resident Alley Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
Strange coincidence or Russian sleepers emerging amongst us?

War Games begin in Scranton

Posted on: 5:35 pm, April 27, 2012, by Jon Meyer, updated on: 08:13pm, April 27, 2012

VIDEO

Relax, it's an airsoft game.

Philosophy shapes history, and history shapes philosophy.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Senator

From the article about Scranton, PA.

Quote:
The warriors spent part of the day making sure their weapons that shoot biodegradable BBs are safe.
I'm with Chicom on this one. Sounds like Airsoft or something very similar.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Senator

NightDriver,

I checked out that link you suggested. A few thoughtful comments and a few doses of F.U.D..

About what one should expect to see at ATS.

The poster who wrapped Planet X into the Denver Airport story apparently lost his medication prior to engaging his keyboard.

Thanks for the link.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:05 AM
Land Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicom View Post
Relax, it's an airsoft game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Sunday View Post
From the article about Scranton, PA.

I'm with Chicom on this one. Sounds like Airsoft or something very similar.
I hear you guys, Airsoft is nothing to write home about.

What caught my attention was the former Soviet officer and Paratrooper leading the event. A great recreational sport where you openly gear up every weekend with accurate copies of the weapons of your choice while sharpening your fighting skills. Bypass the expense of real ammo and more importantly completely avoid the unwanted attention of the BATF and local authorities.

So the consensus says will take door number one and go with "Strange Coincidence".
Old 04-29-2012, 04:45 AM
Land Owner

Dreams from My Real Father: A Story of Reds and Deception

Larry Grathwohl interview about William Ayers,Obama's Mentor

Obama’s CIA Director Linked to Spies Through Communist Party Figure

The Trouble With Leon Panetta

Leon Panetta and the Institute for Policy Studies

As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Rep. Panetta voted in the following manner on Defense issues:

• NAY on the reaffirmation of the Mutual Defense Treaty with Taiwan.

• YEA on continuing foreign aid to the Sandinista government of Communist Nicaragua.

• YEA on extending most favored nation status to the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact states.

• YEA on ceding control of the Panama Canal to the pro-Soviet Panamanian government.

Defense Sec. Panetta – NATO, the UN, and foreign law trump both congress and the Constitution

Revealed By WikiLeaks: Obama Team Stole Election, Bribed Jesse Jackson And Took Russian Money In 2008

April 23, 2012 By Kevin "Coach" Collins 46 Comments

According to internal Emails circulated among the staff at Stratfor, an Austin Texas based private intelligence gathering firm, John McCain was presented with proof that Democrats in Pennsylvania and Ohio used voter fraud to win those states and committed other disturbing crimes. The communiqués were stolen and made public by WikiLeaks.

An Email dated November 7, 2008 under the subject line “ Insight – The Dems & Dirty Tricks ** Internal Use Only – Pls Do Not Forward **,” was sent by Fred Burton, Stratfor’s V.P. of Intelligence. It said in part, The black Dems were caught stuffing the ballot boxes in Philly and Ohio as reported the night of the election and Sen. McCain chose not to fight. The matter is not dead inside the party. It now becomes a matter of sequence now as to how and when to “out”.

Burton also mentioned a “six-figure” Democrat donation/bribe to Jesse Jackson to buy his silence about Israel. On October 14, 2008 Jackson told fellow attendees in at the World Policy Forum in Evian France a ‘President Obama’ would “remove the clout of Zionists who have controlled American policy for decades.”

Burton continued with an explosive charge he apparently considered quite believable, The hunt is on for the sleezy Russian money into O-mans coffers. A smoking gun has already been found. Will get more on this when the time is right. My source was too giddy to continue. Can you say Clinton and ChiCom funny money? This also becomes a matter of how and when to out.

This allegation makes some sense of Obama’s reassurances to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev caught by an open mic. Obama said “….but it’s important for him [Putin] to give me space.”

Medvedev responded: “Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you …”

Obama: “This is my last election. After my election, I have more flexibility.”

Medvedev: “I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir [Putin]…”

Fred Burton is a known quantity in the highest Intelligence circles. He has been Deputy Chief of the Department of State’s counterterrorism division for the Diplomatic Security Service (DSS).

Stratfor has acknowledged that last December its internal communications system was hacked and the group “Anonymous” has taken credit for the sabotage . WikiLeaks started to publish Stratfor’s stolen Emails last month. Startfor will neither confirm nor deny whether the communiqués attributed to its staff are real or fabrications.

Congressman Darrell Issa are you listening?

Russia honored Barack Obama with postage stamp for his 50th birthday, a gesture usually areserved for Soviet heroes.

Russian President Says He Wants Obama To Be Re-elected To Avoid America’s “Conservative Wing”

Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Land Owner

Found this posted elsewhere...

Peter Boyles Show

April 29, 2012 7am

Local (Denver/Boulder) radio show, discussing the news for what it's worth:

The joint American and Russian military training in late May comes at time when the Russian military will be engaging in naval military exercises with the Chinese navy. Also the Russians will be using American Special Forces weapons and learning their tactics. Are the governments of the worlds preparing for a big event even another global war?

Hour 1: http://www.khow.com/cc-common/podcas...6365_22266.mp3

A caller on the above radio station (Kevin-former military) said (beginning on the first link at 15 min.) that he saw the Russian tanks (T-72s and T-81s) coming in on a train and they were painted UN blue.

He was not trying to throw fuel on the fire. He stated to the host that he thought this was "just practice."

Hour 2: http://www.khow.com/cc-common/podcas...6685_31314.mp3

Hour 3: http://www.khow.com/cc-common/podcas...7317_30740.mp3

Hour 4 (skip to second half): http://www.khow.com/cc-common/podcas...7317_30740.mp3

Some callers (and info I've seen elsewhere) state that there are a hell of a lot more than 20 Russians and that they've been around for a while.