Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snake Chain Dream with Dana Coverstone 12-14-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    But if calling me a pharisee helps you, by all means...I'll stand on His Word and oppose traditions of men all day long.
    16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.20 These are what defile a person;

God is after your heart, not your actions. Your actions will follow the heart. This is the mistake of the Pharisees and also the modern day legalist - they try to change the actions where they really need the Holy Spirit to do surgery on their heart. All the legalist does is put band-aids on festering wounds as it has always been. Jesus has strong words for the legalist.

...But by all means, if you feel more holy by eating turkey bacon instead of real bacon I will not stand in your way. Just don't mislead others about holiness.

Quote Originally Posted by cptmidnight View Post
    16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.20 These are what defile a person;

God is after your heart, not your actions. Your actions will follow the heart. This is the mistake of the Pharisees and also the modern day legalist - they try to change the actions where they really need the Holy Spirit to do surgery on their heart. All the legalist does is put band-aids on festering wounds as it has always been. Jesus has strong words for the legalist.

...But by all means, if you feel more holy by eating turkey bacon instead of real bacon I will not stand in your way. Just don't mislead others about holiness.
    Legalist as opposed to IL-Legalist? Again, I'll follow Messiah...

Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Master, Master,’ shall enter into the reign of the heavens, but he who is doing the desire of My Father in the heavens.

Mat 7:22 “Many shall say to Me in that day, ‘Master, Master, have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and done many mighty works in Your Name?’

Mat 7:23 “And then I shall declare to them, ‘I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!’

I'll never call Messiah a liar...Mat 5:18 “For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away

1Jn 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post

I don't know if many have noticed this, but Joel was misquoted in Acts.Why?

Act 2:16 “But this is what was spoken by the prophet Yo’ĕl:
    Act 2:17And it shall be in the last days, says Elohim, that I shall pour out of My Spirit on all flesh.

What did Joel say?

Joe 2:28 “And after this it shall be that I pour out My Spirit on all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men dream dreams, your young men see visions.

After what??? The context that precedes it.

Perhaps that event was a taste, a foreshadowing of what would come later? Dunno. CLEARLY a misquote, however.

Did you, the 'prophetess' miss that?

God's locust army as described in Joel 2 is prophetic Gog/Magog. In Joel 2:11/Joel 2:25 and Ezekiel 38:16, the destroying enemy army is God's army He brings against sinful rebellious Israel.

Interestingly, according to Amos 7:1 as translated from the Greek Septuagint, the locust king is Gog

Thus has the Lord God shewed me;
    and, behold, a swarm of locusts
    coming from the east; and, behold,
    one caterpillar, king Gog

Amos 7:1 = Brenton translation of the Septuagint

https://www.biblestudytools.com/lxx/amos/7-1.html

Only animal blood sacrifice ordinances were "nailed to the cross" [Colossians 2:14] because Jesus Christ is God's final perfect Lamb. God's moral, civil, criminal laws are still in effect and those who transgress God's law... and especially those who teach others to do so... are duly punished and often punished collectively... as God punished the kingdom of Israel over and over again in the OT for their sinful rebellion.

When you read Matthew 15:17 in the context of the whole chapter... you'll discover Jesus was NOT referring to God's Law which Jesus NEVER spoke against or transgressed !

Jesus was referring to humanistic laws of men the Bible calls, "tradition of the elders", which required the washing of hands before eating.

Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,

Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

But He answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Matthew 15:1-3

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

When you read Matthew 15:17 in the context of the whole chapter... you'll discover Jesus was NOT referring to God's Law which Jesus NEVER spoke against or transgressed !

Jesus was referring to humanistic laws of men the Bible calls, "tradition of the elders", which required the washing of hands before eating.

Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,

Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

But He answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Matthew 15:1-3

the point of the quote was verse 19 (I tried to highlight them to make this clear). Maybe your comment somehow negates Jesus testimony on this but I cannot see how...

19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.20 These are what defile a person;

What kind of heart disregards God's instructions as to how to conduct himself? The question has always intrigued me. One heart likes to eat bacon but refrains because God tells him not to. Another likes to eat bacon and does, even though God tells him not to. Which has the purer, undefiled heart?

the point of the quote was verse 19 (I tried to highlight them to make this clear). Maybe your comment somehow negates Jesus testimony on this but I cannot see how...

19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.20 These are what defile a person;
    If you are implying Messiah made cats and dogs clean to eat, then you have the wrong messiah. The topic was ceremonial handwashing: Mat 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. Imagine the uproar if He would have told them forget about Lev. 11. Of course He would have immediately disqualified Himself as Messiah.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Context is vitally important to understand why Jesus responded and to what and whom He was responding.

In many such incidences, Jesus was responding to Herod's temple evil scribes and pharisees who were constantly stalking Jesus and trying to trick Jesus in matters of God's Law so they could officially accuse Him. The divine irony is... Jesus is God incarnate who gave Israel the Law. God's Law is Jesus' Law and He kept it perfectly!

As the Bible says... both the OT and NT... God wants His Laws written in the minds and hearts of God's people.

Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.

It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt - a covenant they broke, though I was a husband to them, declares the LORD.

But this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD. I will put My law in their minds and inscribe it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people

Jeremiah 31:31-33

When referring to God's New Covenant in Jesus Christ [Hebrews 8:6-13] , Paul quoted Jeremiah 31:

Now, however, Jesus has received a much more excellent ministry, just as the covenant He mediates is better and is founded on better promises.

For if that first covenant had been without fault, no place would have been sought for a second.

But God found fault with the people and said:

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord,
    when I will make a new covenant
    with the house of Israel
    and with the house of Judah.

It will not be like the covenant
    I made with their fathers
    when I took them by the hand
    to lead them out of the land of Egypt,
    because they did not abide by My covenant,
    and I disregarded them,
    declares the Lord.

For this is the covenant I will make
    with the house of Israel
    after those days, declares the Lord.

I will put My laws in their minds
    and inscribe them on their hearts.
    And I will be their God,
    and they will be My people.

No longer will each one teach
    his neighbor or his brother,
    saying, Know the Lord,’
    because they will all know Me,
    from the least of them to the greatest.

For I will forgive their iniquities
    and will remember their sins no more."

By speaking of a new covenant, He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Hebrews 8:6-13

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

Context is vitally important to understand why Jesus responded and to what and whom He was responding.

So am I to understand that your point is that if we are not talking about ceremonial washing of hands then the following statement is NOT true?