Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is Political Separation in Our Future?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
    The constitution originally forbade direct taxes.

Income and property taxes fall into that category.

That is why both are contractual and not mandated by law.

Many criteria must be met before you can be “directly” taxed.....and “we” are conditioned from the cradle to unwittingly meet them all.

The road from perdition is the road that got you there. Just turn around and go back......
    Very well stated. One of the saddest days of my life, and the most angry, is when I learned how we have been denied our heritage that my ancestors fought and worked so hard to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Wrong. You just make this stuff up?
    You're very good at asserting other people are wrong, but really awful at justifying your conclusion. If it's wrong, why is it wrong? But if you don't believe in fact- or reason-based discussions, then fine. In that case, I"m not wrong--YOU're wrong.

The constitution originally forbade direct taxes.

Income and property taxes fall into that category.

That is why both are contractual and not mandated by law.

Many criteria must be met before you can be “directly” taxed.....and “we” are conditioned from the cradle to unwittingly meet them all.

The road from perdition is the road that got you there. Just turn around and go back......
    The Constitution in fact does NOT forbid direct taxes. It says nothing whatsoever about whether the states can levy them (and obviously they can), and it in fact does allow the feds to implement direct taxes, it just says that they have to be levied on the states proportionally to the population. In any case, nobody even at the time had a very clear agreed-upon notion regarding exactly what was meant by "direct taxes," and the court cases and various opinions expressed even by those who were present at the writing of the Constitution prove it. If the government was really interested, there are plenty of clever staffers who could easily draft legislation that is technically an indirect tax according to whatever definition people might agree on, but behaves more or less like a direct tax. The government plays these legalistic shell games with other inconvenient constitutional provisions, so I'm pretty sure they could easily come up with some clunky workaround.

No idea what you actually mean by "contractual and not mandated by law." There's certainly nothing "non-legal" about, for instance, state property taxes or income taxes or any other tax you'd like to name.

Quote Originally Posted by pc-not View Post
    Very well stated. One of the saddest days of my life, and the most angry, is when I learned how we have been denied our heritage that my ancestors fought and worked so hard to obtain.
    What on earth are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwump View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?
    What Sam was referring to. Click on some of his links. For over 150 years our Federal government has hoodwinked we the people into a scam that has betrayed our birthright. If you are willing to put forth the effort you can pull back the curtain and learn what was stolen from you.

Quote Originally Posted by pc-not View Post
    What Sam was referring to. Click on some of his links. For over 150 years our Federal government has hoodwinked we the people into a scam that has betrayed our birthright. If you are willing to put forth the effort you can pull back the curtain and learn what was stolen from you.
    If you've really got a serious thought about this, you ought to be able to summarize your position or provide an outline in a couple of sentences by way of introducing a link.

I can't waste my time with someone on a "Liberty" forum. whom is not curious enough to have come across this information before. Like most of the current population you were taught a false version of American history and have had no desire to seek the truth. I may have an advantage over you, however. My ancestors fought a Revolution for liberty and their descendants did not let the truth be obscured from them. It's in my DNA.

I didn’t say “non-legal”.

Contract law is legal.

It is as binding as any duly enacted written law.

I fear you suffer from a great deal of confusion, Wump.

Maybe you could provide a link that might clarify your confusion, at least for the rest of us ?

Be sure to introduce it in a manner with which we can find no flaws....

ETA .....Wump is not acting in ignorance, PC-N.... He knows exactly what he’s doing on this liberty forum.

Cat get your tongue in the middle of our discussion regarding gold, Wump ?

I didn’t say “non-legal”.

Contract law is legal.

It is as binding as any duly enacted written law.

I fear you suffer from a great deal of confusion, Wump.

Maybe you could provide a link that might clarify your confusion, at least for the rest of us ?

Be sure to introduce it in a manner with which we can find no flaws....

ETA .....Wump is not acting in ignorance, PC-N.... He knows exactly what he’s doing on this liberty forum.

Cat get your tongue in the middle of our discussion regarding gold, Wump ?
    Sam, I made a statement earlier in the thread concerning who owns the land, and finished with another updated statement, in that Trump is allowing for the sale of US government land - is my statement correct (no one bothered to comment, or correct, or debate)? In that, if one bought land from the US government today, and was given a Land Patent as proof of ownership, in stead of a Warranty Deed, no taxes would need to be paid.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Cary.....my understanding is that,

1. US citizens do not have the standing to own anything.
    US jurisdiction over their citizens is based on the Law of Patronus, i.e., none other than God’s Law of the Father, and a father’s absolute right to dominion.
    The federal government presumed that standing, over it’s “US citizens”.
    We have, by and large, given up that right....and duty.....

2. Federal Reserve Notes cannot be used in a bona fide purchase for value, without further requirements, of even the “free man”, in clearing that up with the federal reserve. Reference Clark’s Summary of American Law, as I brought that to Wump’s attention in another thread.

3. The federal government no longer issues land patents, as that concept is anathema to the current regime.

By Law, it is possible to gain absolute title to land, even today, but it would be a massive life change for any US citizen to come to the place where he had the standing to do so, and to be recognized as having that standing.