Thread: Concerning Spiritual Gifts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Yes, I am older than you but I truly had no idea you were of that age based on your writing, euphemisms, and emotional outbursts I've seen from you in many threads. I always considered it was based on your young age.
    Well Emily, that's really funny because I always thought the same about you, especially because of your very pointed tongue that I have seen directed on other people.

I have also noticed that you seem to have a problem with my vocabulary. Emily, you do me a great disservice when you respond to my posts in the manner that you are famous for. I would rather that in the future, you would refrain from your adversarial tongued style and if you still can't keep it inside of you, then perhaps you can open another thread denouncing whatever it is that you disagree with.

Yes, please open your own thread so the others can see your heart in your posts and they will notice that I don't come over to your threads and stir up trouble...

Seeing that the Lord put it on my heart to post these Smith Wigglesworth articles, I will continue to obey and if you still have a problem, then zip it and take it to the Lord and if you still won't turn loose from it, then again, please open another thread with your grievances and you can happily attack whatever on it. I promise I will never join the feud.

You should consider that if the Lord has put it on my heart, to talk about what is on His Heart, so He can talk to the reader about the subject (planting a spiritual seed), then who are you to come in and turn what God is doing into a slow train wreck?

Yes, you have turned this relationship into some kind of feud and I will not partake of it. You can cavort to your heart's delight somewhere else.

I am still going to research the connection between the cessationists and the purposeful ignoring of the warning from Jesus about giving credit to satan for Holy Ghost ministerial activities .

That really caught my attention, I have to thank you for that nugget... So, our conversation has been of some benefit to me and I hope, others also.

Goodbye, Emily and may the blessing of Abraham rest upon you in it's full manifestation...
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonabill0001 View Post
    Well Emily, that's really funny because I always thought the same about you, especially because of your very pointed tongue that I have seen directed on other people.

I have also noticed that you seem to have a problem with my vocabulary. Emily, you do me a great disservice when you respond to my posts in the manner that you are famous for. I would rather that in the future, you would refrain from your adversarial tongued style and if you still can't keep it inside of you, then perhaps you can open another thread denouncing whatever it is that you disagree with.

Yes, please open your own thread so the others can see your heart in your posts and they will notice that I don't come over to your threads and stir up trouble...

Seeing that the Lord put it on my heart to post these Smith Wigglesworth articles, I will continue to obey and if you still have a problem, then zip it and take it to the Lord and if you still won't turn loose from it, then again, please open another thread with your grievances and you can happily attack whatever on it. I promise I will never join the feud.

You should consider that if the Lord has put it on my heart, to talk about what is on His Heart, so He can talk to the reader about the subject (planting a spiritual seed), then who are you to come in and turn what God is doing into a slow train wreck?

Yes, you have turned this relationship into some kind of feud and I will not partake of it. You can cavort to your heart's delight somewhere else.

I am still going to research the connection between the cessationists and the purposeful ignoring of the warning from Jesus about giving credit to satan for Holy Ghost ministerial activities .

That really caught my attention, I have to thank you for that nugget... So, our conversation has been of some benefit to me and I hope, others also.

Goodbye, Emily and may the blessing of Abraham rest upon you in it's full manifestation...
    Well, just like you feel 'led' to post as you do - so do I. I contend for the truth and will not be silenced to let what I see to be wrong stand without challenge.

The fact that you find such personal affront from someone disagreeing with you is sad on so many levels. It is funny that those who disagree with me see me as adversarial but everyone who agrees with me sees me as a loving warrior for the Lord.

What I do and say, I do because I feel compelled to do so to defend the faith and to present what I have learned that is different than what is being presented. But it is always in love.

None of what I post is meant to be 'adversarial' but to share what I have learned and then leave the final results to the Lord to each heart.

If you think you are going to stand unopposed then you are not putting on the armor or seeking the truth. You are setting yourself up for hurt after hurt and taking what is meant as debate and discussion as personal attacks and you will find yourself saying 'goodbye' to a lot of brothers and sisters in Christ.

If you think you have all the answers and you have nothing more to learn (especially someone who even considers the Message to be representative of God's word) then you may want to consider that you do yourself a disservice in not keeping an open heart and mind.

All of this is said in love and if you could hear the inflection of my voice then you would know that is true.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Steven is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Daytona, thanks for sharing that. I am constantly in need of reminder to seek and place God first in prayer and petition. Maybe one day I will stop having to re-discover that moment of realization that I have failed to put first things first. Very edifying. Good reminder. Also encouraging in that the writer's flesh based decision was, in the end, covered over after his moment of realization and subsequent effort to seek God in the matter...