Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast

Thread: Keeping His Commandments

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    There is a reason why you refuse to answer my question about circumcision.
    Thanks forty9er, though I am not refusing to answer your question, as you are apparently, mine, but I thought you thought it was pointless to continue? It's fine by me if you want to let it rest.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Thanks forty9er, though I am not refusing to answer your question, as you are apparently, mine, but I thought you thought it was pointless to continue? It's fine by me if you want to let it rest.
    If you are not refusing to answer my question about circumcision, and by implication, what you mean by "the commandments of God", then where is your answer????

You are not acting in good faith in this discussion. The question you want me to answer, without defining what you mean by the "commandments", is similar to, but not exactly the same as the question of "when did you stop beating your wife?" So in a similar manner I will ask you the question "when did you start believing that the commandments of God had been done away with?"

So in a similar manner I will ask you the question "when did you start believing that the commandments of God had been done away with?"
    I haven't.

I haven't.
    Yes, you have. You clearly stated that the Levitical priesthood and sacrifices from the Law had been "done away with". No matter how you want to try to spin it, those are "commandments of God" in the Law of Moses. They haven't been removed from the Law. They are still there today and you can read them for yourself.

The NT calls the Law the "written code" because God commanded Moses to write it down and that is exactly what he did:

Deut 27:3 And you shall write on them all the words of this law, when you cross over to enter the land that the LORD your God is giving you, a land flowing with milk and honey, as the LORD, the God of your fathers, has promised you.
    Deut 31:9 Then Moses wrote this law and gave it to the priests, the sons of Levi, who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and to all the elders of Israel.
    And a written code is written down for a reason - so that it can't be changed:

Deut 4:2 You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you.
    Deut 12:32 ​“Everything that I command you, you shall be careful to do. You shall not add to it or take from it.
    You must think that God wasn't serious about His command not to add to or take away anything from the Law because that is exactly what you have done.

Yes, you have. You clearly stated that the Levitical priesthood and sacrifices from the Law had been "done away with". No matter how you want to try to spin it, those are "commandments of God" in the Law of Moses. They haven't been removed from the Law. They are still there today and you can read them for yourself.
    Well, maybe I should have said, until the LORD restarts them, if He does. The sacrifices and offerings were generally to be brought to the place where the LORD chooses to place His Name there. Where do you think that is, today? If the LORD chose to place His Name somewhere on earth and restarted the Levitical priesthood, would you comply?

if He does.
    I don't think it is a matter of if, but when.

Mat 5:18 “For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.1 Footnote: 1Lk. 16:17.

Could be a while...

Rev 21:1 And I saw a renewed heaven and a renewed earth, for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    I don't think it is a matter of if, but when.
    Possible. At least you would agree that sacrifices have been stopped for a while?

At least you would agree that sacrifices have been stopped for a while?
    70 AD saw to that.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

The sacrifices and offerings were generally to be brought to the place where the LORD chooses to place His Name there. Where do you think that is, today?
    That was your previous argument when, contrary to your current argument, you said that the sacrifices and offerings from the Law hadn't stopped but were continuing as spiritual sacrifices today. It seems that your doctrines sort of blow in the wind from one day to the next. Which one are you advocating today?

You also seem to have missed the whole point of sacrifices under the Law:

"And the priest shall make atonement for them, and they shall be forgiven." Lev 4:20

"So the priest shall make atonement for him for his sin, and he shall be forgiven." Lev 4:26

"And the priest shall make atonement for him, and he shall be forgiven." Lev 4:31

etc., etc., ...

The whole purpose of sacrifices under the Law was forgiveness for sins, although we know that it was only a temporary passing over of sins through God's forbearance (Rom 3:25). But now, Christ's one sacrifice provides forgiveness for all sins:

Heb 10:11 And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
    Heb 10:12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,
    So since the purpose of the sacrifices under the Law was for forgiveness of sins, how can any Christian say they should continue?

Heb 10:18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.
    And the other obvious conclusion from all of this is that since sacrifices under the Law shouldn't continue, the Law itself can't and shouldn't continue for those who have been forgiven by Christ and who are lead by the Holy Spirit.

OK, forty9er. So, in answer to my question if you believe the commandments should be taught, your answer is "No"?