Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Any help for Psoriasis on fingers??

Uh Oh....soy. No gluten. ???? Now what??? AL

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Lover View Post
    Uh Oh....soy. No gluten. ???? Now what??? AL
    soy and gluten have both been known to trigger psoriasis, you can get vit d from flax seed oil, borage, fish, etc.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

It is driving me crazy lately. Can't stand it. I am using about six things to try and calm it down. AL

Like I mentioned on the previous page AL, You need to sand off the callouses.

Before I found that out I had at least 3 to 4, 1/4 in deep cuts in each calloused heel, continuously. They never healed and were nearly impossible to walk on, and the salt from perspiration only made it worse.

Have kept them sanded down for the last several years now, and not a crack since.
    Still have the psoriasis, its just not painful anymore.

Learning quite a bit from this thread myself.

best regards, dennis

AL (and all)
    Trauma usually causes psoriasis to worsen-can't imagine sanding not being something that could make it worse. Might work for you but IMHO "I" would not take a chance.

I was put on a new med last week-I have had a horrible covering on my left knee that nothing worked on for the last 3 years. Everything else was "controllable" with triamcinolone, etc but this knee would not respond!! Thick, cracked, had to take a bath before my shower every day just to be able to get the skin soft enough to let anything penetrate at all. MY GP even gave me tubes of Retin-A to use before the triamcinolone, which helped for abt 2 weeks. Finally got to see a derm again last Thursday and he prescribed Taclonex...it has been a God send! They suggested an occlusion the first 2 nights (that's what someone mentioned doing with Saran Wrap-that's occlusion) and after just one night the scale was gone!! Ten days later the "crack" is gone, there is no pain at all and I just pray everyday that it keeps up...
    It IS horribly expensive-the derm gave me a whole bag of samples when he found out I didn't have insurance. The insurance companies pay about $420 a tube, regular retail is about $600 And I had TWO scripts-one for the body and one for the scalp. Took the scripts even though I knew there was no way I could afford it and when I got home started looking on the internet for a discount program or to see if the manufacturer offered anything. Sure enough they do-a card for the uninsured (no income info, just have to have no insurance coverage) where you pay no more than $50 out of pocket! Called them and they were very nice, even gave me the info to give to the pharmacy so I could get them filled before the card got to me in the mail Still working on the samples but as long as it continues to work I will at least get the body one filled-scalp is in a base of castor oil and horribly messy with my long hair-not quite liquid enough to penetrate. Scalp is mostly right by my ears so I have just been using the body stuff there too....it is SO nice not to be dealing with the pain and the itching anymore :)

www.taclonex.com is the website if any of you are interested!
    Last edited by roamal; 02-27-2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Ooops....Taclonex, not toclanex!

Sanding off a callous is no more traumatic than cutting ones fingernails. Glad all the meds worked for you roamal.

Doc recommended the sandpaper, thought it awful funny he didn't prescribe some super dooper med laced, space age, high dollar skin shaving gizmo the drug companies might be pushing. LOL. Sand paper is cheap and lasts a long time.

Lots of posts on a serious subject; Hope it helps.

regards, dennis

I also have Palmer-Plantar Psoriasis (PPP), which is psoriasis on the hands and feet. Oh, I was suffering just like you. Dermatologist gave me a prescription for Psoricon Cream and it worked, but as someone else said, there might be a rebound effect because it didn't cure me, just relieved symptoms temporarily.

So I got on a psoriasis board and learned about Olive Oil and/or Coconut oil. That really did help.

But...then I found out that I had diabetes. Watch your blood sugar because many diabetics also suffer from psoriasis. It's a chicken/egg thing, meaning which came first, the psoriasis or the diabetes? But in any event, once I got my blood sugar under control I haven't had an outbreak in 2 years. And I got my blood sugar down with meds, of course, but also by eliminating all wheat, rice, potatoes, sugar, white flour, etc. I watch my carb intake and take fish oil daily.

So there might be something to what others here have recommended--avoid gluten, sugars, processed foods, etc. And do try the olive oil or coconut oil. They aren't a miracle solution but they really do help. Not overnight, of course, but they do soothe. It helps to refrigerate a tiny bit of olive oil--it will get solid but that's okay. Being cold seems to soothe even more.

Hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Lardel View Post
    I've read that apple cider vinegar works too!
    If the issue is related to Ph the vinegar will help. The other thing to try is sunlight (real or not). Something else which may help is Aloe Vera juice. I like the food grade aloe from Trader Joes.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

I had them ALL healed a couple of week ago....until I cleaned my oven ...an apple pie had dripped ....dumb me. Now fingers and thumbs again!! I have not tried aloe. I have tried the vinegar on them and drinking it. Didn't work. I keep using the iodione and then hand cream. Bandaids too. It seems the only way to get them healed. I will try aloe once I get to a store again. I think I should have invested in a pharmacy. I have enough stuff here to start my own just for Psoriasis. AL