Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article V Constitutional Convention Planning Meeting, December 7, 2013

Default Article V Constitutional Convention Planning Meeting, December 7, 2013

This weekend at Mount Vernon Virginia a delegation from at least 30 states will assemble at George Washington’s home in Mount Vernon, Virginia to begin planning an Article V Constitutional Convention.

The discussions on forming an Article V Constitutional Convention has come from many in recent years. Mark Levin's book The Liberty Amendments discusses such a convention.

Indiana State Senate David Long (R-Fort Wayne) sent a letter calling for every state to send a three-person bipartisan delegation to the December 7 planning meeting.

The initial meeting won’t actually consider potential Amendment topics, but rather, will set up the rules to be followed if and when a Constitutional Convention is called.

For many who believe Washington will never fix itself this provides a constitutional non-violent way to bring an out of control federal government back under the Constitution.

I ask anyone who reads this to look at the additional information below and if willing take part in your state.

For additional information;

The Liberty Amendment by Mark Levin is available on Amazon

Convention of States Project http://conventionofstates.com/
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Good luck.....

Fools....

Quote Originally Posted by Smith,J View Post
    Fools....
    Such an insightful reply. I have more to say but civility restrains me.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Quote Originally Posted by Son of George View Post
    Such an insightful reply. I have more to say but civility restrains me.
    My thoughts as well.....

When the minority decides to open a vote on the one thing that gives us the appearance of rights in this country, well then I too can barely restrain myself.....

My thoughts as well.....

When the minority decides to open a vote on the one thing that gives us the appearance of rights in this country, well then I too can barely restrain myself.....
    Minority? Obviously you didn't even take the time to read any of the additional information.

As a procedure for "returning to the Constitution" - it's a waste of time. However, similar assemblies started sprouting in the 1770s as people became more and more disaffected.

As a sign that the love-affair with .gov is waning, this is a good thing. I don't think an Article 5 has a prayer of a chance of getting off the ground. And, if it does, what's to stop .gov from regressing back to where we are now?

The Constitution failed before the ink on its hemp paper was dry - just ask Thomas Jefferson.

Earl
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Withdraw consent!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of George View Post
    Minority? Obviously you didn't even take the time to read any of the additional information.
    Obviously you haven't looked around. If intelligent people weren't a minority we wouldn't be in this mess.....

If you think a vote on anything will save this country you're sadly mistaken.

Obviously you haven't looked around. If intelligent people weren't a minority we wouldn't be in this mess.....

If you think a vote on anything will save this country you're sadly mistaken.
    I've looked around at your past posts and do not see you making any positive contributions or offering any solutions to the issues we face in this country. If it is okay with you, or not, that others attempt to make a positive change in this we will continue to try. But somehow I suspect you will continue spouting your negative opinions just like so many did at the founding of this nation. After all only 1/3 of the colonists supported the American Revolution and it does seem like you would have joined the majority who did nothing all those years ago.

Once again but slooooower..... Positive change good...... Foolish mistake bad........

Thinking anything good can come from an election in this country = foolish....

But hey, knock yourself out.