Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Pope heads into busy Christmas season tired, weak

Quote Originally Posted by Sam2 View Post
    Good post, Ruckmanite.
    This is the second best post I've ever seen, on the evils of catholicism.
    If not THE best.

The other was posted by 300mag, on another forum, nearly 3 years ago.
    Thanks Sam. It is amazing that a billion people cannot see that.

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    Good grief.
    Your mind is made up, unfortunately you are not letting truth sink into your spirit.
    IMHO, this thread has not "outlived it's usefulness". It should be front and center, where more people will see it instead of this cemetary where it's been sentenced to die.Thank you for the well researched and well written posts.
    "The Lord nullifies the counsel of the nations; He frustrates the plans of the people." Psalm 33:10

I'll defend Catholics, Mormons, Lutherans, Presbyterians, and just about all the other sects that don't go around making their specific faith all about disparaging others' practices, and the desire to put down all that don't follow their specific narrow path.

I'm not even Christian, and I do this.

You are Christian (supposedly), but you don't.

A very telling and contrasting commentary.

But then again, I'm not a cultist.
    Yes, Satan always stands in accusation of God's children. Nothing is good enough for Satan until it strays from the Truth, then it's very pleasing to Satan and the world. Then Satan will commend you, then the world will love you. It's all a lie, though.

But now that you have disclosed your motives, you may want to consider the power of God to change your heart and turn you towards the truth. Honestly, on what grounds do you stand upon coming into a "Chapel" forum when you obviously have no faith? You are free to do so, obviously, but the motives in your heart reveal why you're here.

Now we zealously defend the truth because we know the fear of the LORD. This is why we persuade others. Still others, we try to snatch from the fire even when it brings zealous persecution. Why? Because His Truth is more important than how we feel; It's more important than how we look to the world and to Satan.

And we've done nothing in hate. All of this is because of love. If you really love someone, you wouldn't stand by and do nothing. It would be like calmly watching a man drown while you're safely perched upon a dock with a life preserver at your side.

Great post ByGraceAlone, love the picture. I whole heartedly agree with it. Especially this part:Now we zealously defend the truth because we know the fear of the LORD. This is why we persuade others. Still others, we try to snatch from the fire even when it brings zealous persecution. Why? Because His Truth is more important than how we feel; It's more important than how we look to the world and to Satan.
    "The Lord nullifies the counsel of the nations; He frustrates the plans of the people." Psalm 33:10

Not to worry, you schismatics will be at each others' throats soon enough.

It's just a matter of time.

Ruckman has burned the Charismatics so many times they hate his guts for pointing out the hypocrisies of that false movement also.
    This is what even the Baptist's think................

My experience with this pseudo-Christian sect is very different. For several months I infiltrated a “church” belonging to the sect and learned that it owns a very large facility and that it has several hundred members. They are not active in street preaching but observe of the JW practice of spreading their sect by door to door visitation, very much to the distress of those whom they disturb in their own homes! During this time, I developed close relationships with about 35 of the members and was invited to their homes, work parties, etc., and I accepted the invitations, spending as much as 40 hours with some individuals over a period of a few months.

What I experienced with this sect was strikingly similar to what I experienced with another pseudo-Christian sect know as the “Coonyites” or the “Two by Twos.” The members of both of these sects were so severely brainwashed that to a substantial extent they had lost touch with reality and frequently answered my question in a robotic manner spewing out the words that had been programmed into their heads. And from their point of view, they are God’s chosen people and those outside of their sect are enemies of the cross of Christ and need to be saved.

Based upon my experience with the pseudo-Christian sect that Ruckman belongs to, I believe that the members of the sect are in grave peril and VERY MUCH in need of our prayers. Most of them appear to me to be beyond hope, but within this sect there are many who are very much lost and still searching for help.

In closing, I will comment that I do NOT believe that the members of this sect are Baptists. They share with Baptists several doctrines on the surface, but below the surface they have nothing in common with us.
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=1545

LOL, even they think you're a cult.

So the Baptists think you're a cultist, while you believe the Catholics are cultists.

Delightful irony.

Not to worry, you schismatics will be at each others' throats soon enough.

It's just a matter of time.

This is what even the Baptist's think................

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=1545

LOL, even they think you're a cult.

So the Baptists think you're a cultist, while you believe the Catholics are cultists.
    Delightful irony.
    If it makes you happy, being a deist catholic-following-apostate-defending cultist yourself, then have at it.

That is the whole fun of the name. Baptists despise most AV believers, and call them Ruckmanites, even if they never went there, nor follow the man, who is about 90, and reject many of his teachings as peculiar.

Rick Warren is the king of ecumenism, and went to Southwest Baptist University. Most Baptist churches, and for the most part, most protestant churches have gone so soft on any kind of doctrine they believe anything taught from a pulpit instead of searching the scriptures themselves.

But now that you've found a hobby horse to ride, have a good trip.

You ignore all the questions, as you have no answers for anything spiritual, you ignore all Scripture, refusing to acknowledge it as having any authority, and seek anything outside of the Bible to define an opponent who knows the Book better than you ever will.

Your pearl of wisdom is a priest with a phd in psychology. Pathetic irony.

And you, being a poor lost, hell bound heathen who rejects all truth, still don't know where your age going to die.

I do.

I don't go after throats, I'm a child of God. In love, we share what has been revealed to us: Jesus Christ is Lord, God in flesh, Father God (emphasis mine):

Isaiah 9:6-7
    6 For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given;
    and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
    and his name shall be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
    7 Of the increase of his government and of peace
    there will be no end,
    on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
    to establish it and to uphold it
    with justice and with righteousness
    from this time forth and forevermore.
    The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckmanite View Post

And you, being a poor lost, hell bound heathen who rejects all truth, still don't know where your age going to die.

I do.
    So says you. Yet in the overall scheme of things, you are of little consequence.

I do know one thing, if there is an afterlife, I don't want to be around you, and those like you.

One can only hope for different gated communities to chose from.

So says you. Yet in the overall scheme of things, you are of little consequence.

I do know one thing, if there is an afterlife, I don't want to be around you, and those like you.

One can only hope for different gated communities to chose from.
    As are you. Little consequence. We are all but a vapor that fades away in the line called time.

The gated community you speak of is Hell if you reject the only hope for your salvation. You'll figure that to be true when you draw that last breath some day. Sadly, it will be to late.

You'll cry and scream like Paine, Jefferson, Franklin, who rejected Jesus Christ.

Look Chicom, salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ alone. There is an afterlife, and Jesus Christ paid for your sin, which you don't even have the guts to admit. You are a lost sinner without Jesus Christ.

Everyone was once. Some chose to accept the free gift of salvation.

You are a smart guy with an open mind to everything EXCEPT the Bible, willing to defend another religion other than your own without any knowledge of what they believe doctrinally, purely on the conscience you have set out to be right in your own mind. If you think God will balance the good you do here vs the bad, and let you into heaven, you are going to be eternally disappointed. God is HOLY. His standard of measurement vs ours are two different rulers.

Franklin believed in reincarnation. Paine was agnostic about the immortality of the soul. Deists don't even know why they believe, or what they believe, as they have no absolute truth to stand on, other than their own minds.

I pray with all sincerity you would open a Bible and read it for yourself. I endorse no religion other than trusting in Jesus Christ alone for salvation, but unashamedly will rebuke false doctrine that will give a lost man a false hope in a system based on cookies, wine, and works for salvation.

No religion saves, the Lord Jesus Christ does, no matter how vile or wretched the sinner is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckmanite View Post

You'll cry and scream like Paine, Jefferson, Franklin, who rejected Jesus Christ.
    Don't forget Rousseau, Voltaire, Montesquieu, Locke, and Washington.

Yeah, I'll hang with that bunch any day.

Save your speech for your next tent revival.