Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finnish Journalist upset that Finnish movie maker did not cast more women in 1939 war

Default Finnish Journalist upset that Finnish movie maker did not cast more women in 1939 war

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Didn't some slap-head complain there weren't enough French in the movie Dunkirk?
    Seems to be consistent with the pattern of Liberal dementia.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

Then the movie wouldn't of been about war but instead love amidst conflict ... you know, tears of sadness, some hug snugglin, some killin, some tears of joy, more hug snugglin ....

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Then the movie wouldn't of been about war but instead love amidst conflict ... you know, tears of sadness, some hug snugglin, some killin, some tears of joy, more hug snugglin ....

O.W.
    Are you referring to Dr. Zhavagio (sp?) The Russian romance set in WWI/Russian Revolution.

In which no black Africans appeared, dressed in traditional tribal attire.

Or Zulu starring a young Michael Caine (the actual battle was at Rouke's Drift) in which 150 British soldiers held off 4000 Zulu warriors. And was a terrible outrage that no French Legionnaires were depicted in the Battle. And I don't think had a single woman in it.

Also heard some rantings of not enough blacks in Dunkirk, which was a British evacuation and in WWII times was mostly white, or women, which again in WWII women didn't play an active role in traditional war. Which doesn't mean women didn't play a part, when in fact they did play a very big part, just not in front lines warfare, and many lost their lives in the roles they played.

Which if they made a movie of the women who hop scotched war planes all over England, and some to many died, ferrying those old war torn planes all over England, and being upset, and bent out of shape that not enough Mexicans males were used for acting parts.

Some of the stupidity I hear today.........
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    .... And I don't think had a single woman in it.
    I saw that movie ... the womens was dancin nekkid in the background, stirrin up the frenzy.

When women is interjected into a male dominated activity, "luv" ensues ... written into a script and the main theme is all but forgotten.

Saw "Zulu Dawn" too ... Mexican folks was heavily represented in "Training Day" with Denzel.

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    I saw that movie ... the womens was dancin nekkid in the background, stirrin up the frenzy.

When women is interjected into a male dominated activity, "luv" ensues ... written into a script and the main theme is all but forgotten.

Saw "Zulu Dawn" too ... Mexican folks was heavily represented in "Training Day" with Denzel.

O.W.
    Maybe I don't remember that part because I didn't watch that part LOL.

All I remember is all those black bodies piled up in front of those few English white soldiers.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Are you referring to Dr. Zhavagio (sp?) The Russian romance set in WWI/Russian Revolution.

In which no black Africans appeared, dressed in traditional tribal attire.

Or Zulu starring a young Michael Caine (the actual battle was at Rouke's Drift) in which 150 British soldiers held off 4000 Zulu warriors. And was a terrible outrage that no French Legionnaires were depicted in the Battle. And I don't think had a single woman in it.

Also heard some rantings of not enough blacks in Dunkirk, which was a British evacuation and in WWII times was mostly white, or women, which again in WWII women didn't play an active role in traditional war. Which doesn't mean women didn't play a part, when in fact they did play a very big part, just not in front lines warfare, and many lost their lives in the roles they played.

Which if they made a movie of the women who hop scotched war planes all over England, and some to many died, ferrying those old war torn planes all over England, and being upset, and bent out of shape that not enough Mexicans males were used for acting parts.

Some of the stupidity I hear today.........
    There were a few dozen semi-naked women in the opening scenes as well as a Swedish atcress
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Maybe I don't remember that part because I didn't watch that part LOL.
    I understand When you be in mixed company ....

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    I understand When you be in mixed company ....
    Ya got that right! I'd punch him in the face!

Hey, anybody seen any Disney re-runs, you know like ... "Ole Yeller"?

O.W.