Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Romans 14: Takes "strong faith" to eat what God has prohibited?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    So...a plant based diet is cool?
    Not for me, I enjoy lot's of venison/elk and a good bbq'd rib-eye now and again
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    So...a plant based diet is cool?
    Yes, a plant based diet is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Yes, a plant based diet is cool.
    Good news indeed!
    "In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain

Matthew 5

17 Think not I am come to destroy the law,
    or the prophets: I am come not to destroy,
    but to fulfill.

18 For verily i say unto you, Till heaven and
    earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no
    wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Luke 21

32 Verily I say unto you, This generation
    shall not pass away til all be fulfilled.

John 17

4 I have glorified the on the earth: I have
    finished the work which thou gavest me to
    do.

John 19

30 When Jesus therefore had received the
    vinegar, he said, It is finished; and he bowed
    his head, and gave up the ghost

Luke 24

44 And he said unto them, These are the
    words which I spake unto you, while I was
    yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled,
    which are written in the law of Moses, and
    in the prophets, and in the psalms,
    concerning me.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Pastor, Thanks for chiming in. Do you think all of the Law and the Prophets have been "fulfilled"?

Pastor, Thanks for chiming in. Do you think all of the Law and the Prophets have been "fulfilled"?
    That's what Jesus said he came to do and I believe he did it. To believe otherwise would be to believe he failed in his mission.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    That's what Jesus said he came to do and I believe he did it. To believe otherwise would be to believe he failed in his mission.
    Have you studied the meaning of the KJV word "fulfill"? Of course He did not fail to accomplish what His Father and our Father sent Him to accomplish. He said: He said, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from the Law, till ALL be fulfilled."

So, you actually believe that all of the law and the prophets have been fulfilled?

Do you teach adherence to any of God's commandments to your congregation? If so, why? (Seeing they are all fulfilled?) I simply do not get it. Sorry. But, I don't get a lot of things, I suppose.

I am curious, though. Do you believe the prophetic book of Revelation has been fulfilled? Do you believe death has been cast into the lake of fire?

Do you believe hell has been cast into the lake of fire?

Are you a preterist?

Thanks for taking the time to answer, if you will. I'm just trying to understand how this Law-less-ness is defended by "Christianity".

I'm just trying to understand how this Law-less-ness is defended by "Christianity".
    This should be interesting. I'm curious as well.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Wondering when A THOUSAND GENERATIONS will be "fulfilled"? Deu 7:9 Know therefore that Yahuah Elohayka, he is Elohiym, the faithful El, which guards his covenant and mercy with them that love him and guard his commandments to a thousand generations;

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    Matthew 5

17 Think not I am come to destroy the law,
    or the prophets: I am come not to destroy,
    but to fulfill.

18 For verily i say unto you, Till heaven and
    earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no
    wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    I could spend the time and address the rest if you want, but let's just hit this one and let it be the domino that tumbles the rest in like manner.

First of all, we are not even to consider that He would (Mounce) 17x: to dissolve; to destroy, demolish, overthrow, throw down, Mat_24:2; Mat_26:61; met. to nullify, abrogate, Mat_5:17; Act_5:38-39; absol. to unloose harness, etc., to halt, to stop for the night, lodge, Luk_9:12.

DON’T EVEN THINK that I am come to destroy (G2647) the Torah, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy (G2647), but to fulfil. Mat 5:17

(Strongs) G2647
    καταλύω kataluō kat-al-oo'-o

From G2596 and G3089; to loosen down (disintegrate), that is, (by implication) to demolish (literally or figuratively); specifically (compare G2646) to halt for the night: - destroy, dissolve, be guest, lodge, come to nought, overthrow, throw down.

DON’T EVEN THINK SUCH!

THEN, He calls heaven and earth to testify. Heaven and earth passing SURE hasn’t been “fulfilled”. That happens here: And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth are passed away; and the sea is no more. Rev 21:1 The verse says “till ALL be fulfilled”.

“For TRULY I SAY unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one yod or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the Torah, TILL ALL be fulfilled. Mat 5:18

THEN He takes the stand FOR ALL OF TORAH and shows those who do and teach will have GREAT status in His COMING (Kingdom coming still future) Kingdom -

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.” Mat 5:19

All that said, WHERE is the confusion over the word “fulfill”? Obviously it does not mean done away or abolished. We are not even to consider that! It’s because the word can mean several different understandings, and must be placed in CONTEXT with the rest of Scripture. In this case:

G4137 πληρόω plēroō play-ro'-o

From G4134; to make replete, that is, (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.: - accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.

THAT fits the rest of Scripture. Examine this prophesy: “Yahuah is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the Torah, and make it honorable”. Isa 42:21

See how it plays out:

Mat 5:27 “You heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ Exo_20:14, Deu_5:18.
    Mat 5:28 “But I say to you that everyone looking at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

FAR from abolishing Torah, He MAGNIFIED Torah beyond the simple command and took it to the next level!

So we see, Scripture is not broken and this STILL means what it says:

“Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the Torah: for sin is the transgression of the Torah.” 1Jn 3:4

STILL AWAITING FULFILLMENT -

Isa 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of Yahuah’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
    Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Yahuah, to the house of the Elohai of Ya`aqov; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Tsiyon shall go forth the Torah, and the Word of Yahuah from Yerushalayim.

Isa 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.

Certainly not 'done away'.