Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I mylar packed 2 buckets of white wheat, finished dehydrating 3 bunches of celery, canned (raw pack) 3 pints of turkey breast then boiled down the rest and canned the left over meat and stock. Alot of work,but my turkey was only $3.24 (Kroger) and my Dh cleaned up after me . I'll buy at least 1 more and do it again

Quote Originally Posted by joy50 View Post
    I mylar packed 2 buckets of white wheat, finished dehydrating 3 bunches of celery, canned (raw pack) 3 pints of turkey breast then boiled down the rest and canned the left over meat and stock. Alot of work,but my turkey was only $3.24 (Kroger) and my Dh cleaned up after me . I'll buy at least 1 more and do it again
    Ya done good, m'dear. Now is the time to reap cheap turkey.

Does your clean-up DH hire out?
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

Sons 1 & 2 are butchering a deer. At 6 am I will start canning that deer.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by dylanM View Post
    Sons 1 & 2 are butchering a deer. At 6 am I will start canning that deer.

I'm jealous!!

Good work!
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'

Picked up some food grade buckets from the local bakery, this morning!
    2Th 3:10For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat

Wink

Walked into the local somewhat cheapo knockoff department store and found 24 packs of TP for $5!!!! This was an unadvertised special - awesome!! Got some packages for stock up - I have a feeling that a few of those rolls will garner a piece of silver or gold if things were to get ugly enough; can't imagine what the ridges on the side of an SAE would feel like compared to some nice, soft, white, fluffy, quilted quality TP during that time of 'need'.

DW also stocked up on some higher quality thread for darning socks (thanks Limner - http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...d.php?t=123691 - for that thread). We're recovering socks already and saving $$$$.

Worked with my neighbor to cut, split and stack about 8 rick of wood.
    "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Walked into the local somewhat cheapo knockoff department store and found 24 packs of TP for $5!!!! This was an unadvertised special - awesome!! Got some packages for stock up - I have a feeling that a few of those rolls will garner a piece of silver or gold if things were to get ugly enough; can't imagine what the ridges on the side of an SAE would feel like compared to some nice, soft, white, fluffy, quilted quality TP during that time of 'need'.

DW also stocked up on some higher quality thread for darning socks (thanks Limner - http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...d.php?t=123691 - for that thread). We're recovering socks already and saving $$$$.
    did you know that an old fashioned light bulb inserted in a sock, makes the darning so much easier???

I went shopping, and got three of every canned good I needed for this particular trip. One can for immediate use, one to stock, and one to go to the food bank drive. Holidays coming up and when I look at the list of Thanksgiving stuff for me to get I couldn't help but think of how many more people will need Thanksgiving and Christmas food boxes this year than last year even, and while I am pinching pennies, I have yet to have to go hungry this year, and I know the same can't be said for a lot of people.

I'm not saying this to toot my own horn, but to ask everyone who does shopping to do just a little extra for those who can't stock at all. I am just now starting up another food store after having wiped my preps out over the past six months or so of hards times for me. But again, I consider myself lucky because I haven't had to go hungry.

Also, I am hoping to get a Kerosun in January..I just won't have the money before then, but even if it gets to me after a minor power outage, as long as I have it before a major one, I'm good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by therosery View Post
    did you know that an old fashioned light bulb inserted in a sock, makes the darning so much easier???
    I'll call your lightbulb and raise a Mr. Potato Head (no attachments of course)!

She's using a Mr. Potato Head body - works pretty good!