Thread: How Wonderful is the Gospel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shimri View Post
    ROFL.

You were pushing buttons.
    No, Shimri.

You took offense at a teaching I'd be willing to bet cash money that you didn't even listen to.

Going after me on this thread has been a simple case of you (and the other Torah folk) trolling.

-JGIG

"If you've lost sight of the Cross in your journey, it's time to alter course."

www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com

Exclamation Caveat!

The Chapel and its sub forums is a place for Christian discussion not a place for trolling and tearing down one another.

Love one another and to those who choose to live by the sword… will most certainly will die from it!

Quote Originally Posted by JGIG View Post
    No, Shimri.
    Yes, JGIG

"It's been interesting and demonstrative to see the reaction of the Judaizing faction to the OP - a couple simply dismissed the OP; others simply ignored it and started flinging every Judaizing doctrine at the wall hoping some would stick, copying and pasting away, machine-gunning so much material that those unfamiliar with sound doctrine might be swayed. This shows the weakness of your positions; the religious, controlling spirit behind the doctrines you espouse can't stand up to measured, steady, scrutiny."

You were wanting a reaction, and you got it.

You took offense at a teaching I'd be willing to bet cash money that you didn't even listen to.
    I listened to it. Was not my cup of tea.

Going after me on this thread has been a simple case of you (and the other Torah folk) trolling.

-JGIG

Not going after you, but the false doctrines that you espouse.
    --Shimri

But He said, "Yea rather, blessed are they who hear the word of God and keep it." - Luke 11:28

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by JGIG

"It's been interesting and demonstrative to see the reaction of the Judaizing faction to the OP - a couple simply dismissed the OP; others simply ignored it and started flinging every Judaizing doctrine at the wall hoping some would stick, copying and pasting away, machine-gunning so much material that those unfamiliar with sound doctrine might be swayed. This shows the weakness of your positions; the religious, controlling spirit behind the doctrines you espouse can't stand up to measured, steady, scrutiny."
    So the weakness revealing, controlling methods of defending doctrine that won't stand up to scrutiny are:
    !.dismiss
    2.ignore
    3.quote wall of doctrine
    4.copy and paste material
    5.machine gunning material

Yes, I see it all clearly now.

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimri View Post
    You were wanting a reaction, and you got it.
    of course we can't forget weak arguement number six...

6. Exposing the hypocricy of pointing out 1-5.

These are the thngs about these debates here and elsewhere that I just don't get....why can't they be honest discussions rather than straw?
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)