Thread: Keeping His Commandments

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    LOL! I did no such thing, and you know it! I was responding to "The law was to show us that we needed a Savior" I was merely pointing out the error of that statement with Scripture that proves the error. As such, Messiah will be ruling and reigning WHEN the Torah goes out through the world! I understand your revilings...that was addressed in Scripture too...

Isa 51:6 “Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look on the earth beneath, for the heavens shall vanish like smoke, and the earth wear out like a garment, and those who dwell in it die as gnats. But My deliverance is forever, and My righteousness is not broken.
    Isa 51:7 “Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, a people in whose heart is My Torah: do not fear the reproach of men, nor be afraid of their revilings.

Future event, or not? "Somebody" gets eaten...
    Isa 51:8 “For a moth eats them like a garment, and a worm eats them like wool; but My righteousness is forever, and My deliverance to all generations.”

See, I just have to take issue with comments that insinuate that YHUH is a liar:

Deu 30:11 “For this command which I am commanding you today, it is not too hard for you, nor is it far off.
    Deu 30:12 “It is not in the heavens, to say, ‘Who shall ascend into the heavens for us, and bring it to us, and cause us to hear it, so that we do it?’
    Deu 30:13 “Nor is it beyond the sea, to say, ‘Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it to us, and cause us to hear it, so that we do it?’
    Deu 30:14 “For the Word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart – to do it.
    Your words betray what you truly believe, that your righteousness comes from the Law, contrary to what Scripture teaches:

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it-
    Rom 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
    Phil 3:6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless.
    Phil 3:7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
    Phil 3:8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ
    Phil 3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith-

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    Your words betray what you truly believe, that your righteousness comes from the Law, contrary to what Scripture teaches:
    I think you may again be confused about justification (beginning) and sanctification (process / goal). Now justified, I am CALLED to walk in righteousness:

1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no one lead you astray. The one doing righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.1 Footnote: 1See 2:29.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    I think you may again be confused about justification (beginning) and sanctification (process / goal). Now justified, I am CALLED to walk in righteousness:

1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no one lead you astray. The one doing righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.1 Footnote: 1See 2:29.
    Exactly, Off-Grid! You are being sanctified! HalleluYah!