Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
Please present some actual proof that Scofield was a freemason (sorry if I don't just take Meyer's word for it and let it go at that). I have searched online and can find absolutely no evidence that he was ever a freemason.
Bro Meyer explains it in the sermons.

But there are many other criticisms of Scofield that you will find, some may be true and others false, but I am not going to try to defend everything he may or may not have said or done. Dispensationalism doesn't depend on Scofield or what he taught or on what any man has taught. It depends on Scripture alone.
I can agree that it is scripture alone that you have to live your life by and base it on. Scofield did not. He gave his own interpretations of scripture, instead of letting it mean exactly what it says.
Bro Meyer goes thru all of this, but you would have to listen to it to know this.

But what I have found interesting online in my searching is a virulent hatred of Scofield and everything dispensational and much of it seems to be tied to anti-semetism since dispensationals teach that when Christ returns Israel (the Jews) will be saved and restored to their land. And that idea drives anti-semites crazy so that they will say just about anything to try to delegitimize that doctrine (but I'm not accusing you of being anti-semetic).
If you want to know who the Israel of God is, then spend an hr and hear this sermon.
The Israel of God

The Israel of God, the chosen people of God, is the born again believers and followers of Jesus Christ.
The Jews will not be saved without Jesus Christ, period. To say otherwise, is to go against God's Word.

Please provide examples of where he did this.
You will have to listen to the sermons. Bro Meyer exposes who scofield was, but it takes time to listen. It is a lot of info.
Sermon 2 starts to get into some of scofields associations.

Yes, I would say that is hard to swallow. Generally, I would think that people who believe that would believe in preterism. Is that what you believe?
I don't hold to any labels other than a born again believer and follower of Jesus Christ. I am non-denominational for good reason.
If it doesn't line up with the Word of God, then I don't believe it. Denominations are not in scripture.

I do believe the Tribulation started at the cross. I also believe some things in revelation haven't happened yet. But I do believe most of it has already passed.

This series would have been better as a dvd but audio is all that we have.