Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Taboo subject...Romans 1

The staff (rod) Moses held was a symbol of authority based on the law. The law comes from the throne of the lawgiver
    and judgement is administered from the throne in accordance with the law. The lawgiver has described himself as merciful and the tablets of the law were placed in the ark under the mercy seat. The law reflects the character of the lawgiver and its purpose is to restore both the victim and the lawbreaker. The law of jubilee is the legal foundation for this mercy (grace). When Moses cast down the rod of authority (law) it became a serpent. When he picked it up it became authority. We with our limited Pentecostal anointing described as an "ernest" of the Spirit are still not able to fully keep the law. If we cast it down it becomes a serpent to us with the purpose of correcting us. The fiery law is meant to refine us. When we pick up the serpent (law gets written in our hearts) it becomes a rod of authority for us to use in the kingdom.
    This authority is to be used with the mind of Christ. The fruit God is looking for is sons who are in agreement with the law because it is written in their hearts. These sons will also have the mind of Christ and will be able to administer the law with perfect love when they are perfected.
    Only when we reach the Tabernacles anointing (resurrection) will we be perfected and able to love God with our whole being and our neighbor as ourself.
    Word - Semitic - Origin:
    1870–75; < Neo-Latin sēmīta < Late Latin Sēm (< Greek Sḗm < Hebrew Shēm Shem) + -īta -ite1

It means descendants of Shem. Who changed it?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythebee View Post
    no offense Clearvoice,but i am with Grampster once again.
    the beauty of the Gospel is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world,i rely on that 100% of the time,any righteousness i can drum up is by His grace alone

so explain to me, why is it that you needed a blood sacrifice to take away your sins?

1. sin sacrifice IS MOSAIC LAW.
    if you are not under the law, you dont need Christ in the first place.

2. sin is transgression of the law. so sez paul.
    if there is no law, there is no sin.

so, why are you Christian again?

Default Is this yours or do you have a source?

Quote Originally Posted by RWAL View Post
    The staff (rod) Moses held was a symbol of authority based on the law. The law comes from the throne of the lawgiver
    and judgement is administered from the throne in accordance with the law. The lawgiver has described himself as merciful and the tablets of the law were placed in the ark under the mercy seat. The law reflects the character of the lawgiver and its purpose is to restore both the victim and the lawbreaker. The law of jubilee is the legal foundation for this mercy (grace). When Moses cast down the rod of authority (law) it became a serpent. When he picked it up it became authority. We with our limited Pentecostal anointing described as an "ernest" of the Spirit are still not able to fully keep the law. If we cast it down it becomes a serpent to us with the purpose of correcting us. The fiery law is meant to refine us. When we pick up the serpent (law gets written in our hearts) it becomes a rod of authority for us to use in the kingdom.
    This authority is to be used with the mind of Christ. The fruit God is looking for is sons who are in agreement with the law because it is written in their hearts. These sons will also have the mind of Christ and will be able to administer the law with perfect love when they are perfected.
    Only when we reach the Tabernacles anointing (resurrection) will we be perfected and able to love God with our whole being and our neighbor as ourself.

Is this yours or do you have a source for this teaching?

Default The Law exists for two reasons

that even I, in my limited understand, can easily perceive:

1) First and foremost, as a demonstration to His people that it is impossible to achieve sinlessness through human effort, because there is no man (save Jesus) who could obey the law fully in spirit and in action. The law shows us the need of His mercy, and of Jesus, our savior.

2) To provide a set of instructions to His people that, if followed, would virtually guarantee they would become a strong, healthy and prosperous people. So many of the laws of living involve principles of health and cleanliness that were absolutely necessary for the time in which they were written. Does that mean they should now be disregarded. Not in my opinion. There are subtleties to His laws that we perhaps cannot comprehend which, if followed, will reap benefits. The subject of menstrual coitus could very well be one of them.

An example: The Torah laws regarding coitus were very clear. If followed, a husband would not have relations with his wife until 14 days into her cycle. At that time, relations could be resumed. Guess what the result of following that law would be? It would produce more sons than daughters, since 14 days is day one of the ovulation cycle for a majority of women, and the little male-bearing sperm swim faster than the female. The little male swimmers are going to get there first and find a fresh, healthy egg to make a new little Jewish boy. Why would God give that instruction? His fledgling nation had need of warriors, and following this particular law would provide warriors a-plenty.

As far as whether the law should be obeyed? This says it perfectly:

guess you will have to argue with Yahshua about what He means by...

Mat 5:18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the TORAH, till all be fulfilled.
    In Paul's preaching to the Gentiles and excusing them from the law of Torah, he eased the way for salvation of the Gentiles. But if one were to wish to maximize both the relationship with God and his personal benefits to us, IMO, the right way would be to become a messianic Jew.

Default More On The Rod Of Authority

The rod carried by Aaron and Moses was it not an almond rod? When the rod came to life (resurrection) it showed who was given God's authority. The almond was an early crop (awakened early), with eye shaped fruit (ayin). The lampstand (light) in the temple had 7 branches with 22 almonds on it. 22 is the number symbolizing the "sons of God" (gematria 153).
    22 divided by 7 is pi which is a key to understanding the circle. The Vesica Pisces is the almond/fish/football shape created when 2 circles are joined with centered radius.
    For those with eyes (awakened) to see and ears to hear (understand) the Father is bearing witness to these things even today.
    He reveals the coming great awakening of the sons who will bear his rod of authority even in the games of men
    such as football (almond/shape). Men like superbowl winning quarterback Aaron RODgers who grew up in an almond growing region or men like Elisha Manning (son of the man) who won 2 superbowls (double portion) compared to his brothers single superbowl win. The announcer in superbowl 46 (years of the temple construction and number of our chromosomes) proclaimed that the patriots "parted like the red sea". Aarons rod turned all the waters of Egypt (the world) to blood even water in stone and wooden vessels.
    This shows the blood of Christ coming upon the whole earth as his sons leave egypt resurrected with the rod of authority to rule with Christ. For Christ is our Kinsman Redeemer and the law states we are to raise up a son (inside us) for our Kinsman who died with no heir so that we may share in His wonderful inheritance and rule with him as sons in the millennium.
    For the knowledge of the glory of God will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea.
    Word - Semitic - Origin:
    1870–75; < Neo-Latin sēmīta < Late Latin Sēm (< Greek Sḗm < Hebrew Shēm Shem) + -īta -ite1

It means descendants of Shem. Who changed it?

Quote Originally Posted by RWAL View Post
    The rod carried by Aaron and Moses was it not an almond rod? When the rod came to life (resurrection) it showed who was given God's authority. The almond was an early crop (awakened early), with eye shaped fruit (ayin). The lampstand (light) in the temple had 7 branches with 22 almonds on it. 22 is the number symbolizing the "sons of God" (gematria 153).
    22 divided by 7 is pi which is a key to understanding the circle. The Vesica Pisces is the almond/fish/football shape created when 2 circles are joined with centered radius.
    For those with eyes (awakened) to see and ears to hear (understand) the Father is bearing witness to these things even today.
    He reveals the coming great awakening of the sons who will bear his rod of authority even in the games of men
    such as football (almond/shape). Men like superbowl winning quarterback Aaron RODgers who grew up in an almond growing region or men like Elisha Manning (son of the man) who won 2 superbowls (double portion) compared to his brothers single superbowl win. The announcer in superbowl 46 (years of the temple construction and number of our chromosomes) proclaimed that the patriots "parted like the red sea". Aarons rod turned all the waters of Egypt (the world) to blood even water in stone and wooden vessels.
    This shows the blood of Christ coming upon the whole earth as his sons leave egypt resurrected with the rod of authority to rule with Christ. For Christ is our Kinsman Redeemer and the law states we are to raise up a son (inside us) for our Kinsman who died with no heir so that we may share in His wonderful inheritance and rule with him as sons in the millennium.
    For the knowledge of the glory of God will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea.
    Thank-you for your writings RWAL! Both of them.
    I love what you wrote!

Clearvoice, I like your OP also! You posed a good question and I found it interesting as I never thought of it the way you wrote it.

From what I've been taught, a woman is "open" during her monthly, and MUCH more susceptible to infections at this time, especially today with the horrendous STD's out there.

I don't see the law as stone age teachings at all. Our society wouldn't be 'sick' if it followed the Law that YHVH gave us. Instead, it would be filled with integrity and we wouldn't be wondering what to do as the Nation (and world) collapses around us with both criminals and law enforcement abuses running amock!

As far as this particular OP goes, as a woman I know personally how painful it can be during 'that time of the month'. Men can't relate to that, while many are insistent and demanding of their 'maritial rights' come hell or high water. Such a "law" actually can be protective of a woman at this time, both yesterday and today.
    And trust me gentlemen, the 'headaches' are a very REAL and uncomfortable issue that even asprin can't help :(

I wish our society made it possible for women to hide away during that time. Not because it's 'dirty' but because often, we NEED it! Coping mechanisms can be absolutely out the window while dexterity and grace are totally lacking (utter clutziness which really can be dangerous), not to mention pain and discomfort.

Women with toddlers especially need to get away with love, grace, mercy, compassion, understanding and blessings even! If necessary they should be SHOVED out the door and told not to return until they've had a hot bath, a few glasses of wine, and at least a 10 day vacation!! Trust me guys, she'll love you for it :P

Blessings!
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

Quote Originally Posted by grampster View Post
    The OP was about Romans 1:24-27 which is a fairly clear instruction that homosexual sex is wrong with an afterthought post from the OT regarding some of the health issue rules (regarding sex) spelled out by the LORD to those stone age people of the OT. They were not modern humans.

I think a lot of folks fail to grasp that they were primitive people. So many of the OT rules were meant to begin to civilize those folks in my view. That those rules were from the LORD is well understood (then and now) and failure to keep them had serious ramifications. So do violating some of the admonitions in the NT. Would not a good FATHER provide good advice about the best way to go about living? My earthly father was stern in my raising and I was at times in the raising of my sons and g'sons. Violating rules for good living always have ramifications. I and mine learned the hard way often enough. Many modern and ancient people don't and didn't get it.

So then the thread goes 7 pages of BS arguing. Sometimes I really wonder about folks here. Can't see the forest for the trees comes to mind...or straining at gnats...or something about planks and eyes, inter alia.

They were NOT "primitive" or "stone age."

The Exodus occurred during the BRONZE Age-

They had reading, writing, cities with running water and indoor facilities, an intensely accurate system of math and physics and were able to construct monuments that have lasted through today and which we neither can construct ourselves nor determine how they were constructed.

NOT primitive.
    NOT stone age.

Solomon's Temple held nearly ONE MILLION people AND had underground lavatory facilities WITH running water.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    I guess you will have to argue with Yahshua about what He means by...

Mat 5:18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the TORAH, till all be fulfilled.

I haven't personally witnessed Him FULFILL His second coming, the resurrection FULFILLED, nor FULFILLING the fall feasts, etc. etc., etc. Did I miss somthing or are you simply spreading more lies, JG?

You might want to ask Him about that "heaven and earth" passing stuff too...if you get the chance.

He does not like false teachers...and by His words, you fit the bill.

I'm sorry if you think these words harsh, but it's better coming from me than what will be coming from Him.

Shalom out.

I know, right?

If you don't believe Yah and you don't believe Jesus how are you a Follower or a Believer?

A follower of whom?
    A believer of what?

Not Yah or Jesus-

Friends, how can you pull out of context something that is so plain????

Roms 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
    24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
    28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

The "likewise" tells you that vs.27 is in the VERY SAME context as vs.26. It means vs.27 being the detailed descriptor OF THAT IN VERSE 26 "LIKEWISE". "Leaving the natural use" of homosexual woman in antiquity would entail "replacing" that which is NATURAL with that which is NOT, meaning, the use of UNNATURAL PHALLI in lezbianism, meaning *****S!. Baal temple "prostitutes" of the OT hebrews whilst in canaan (qedeshah -sacred, zonah-profane) used "sacred phalli" between themselves. Ezekial prophesies against Jerusalem and makes reference to this perversion that may have still been around in his day.......

Ezek 16:13 Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.
    14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
    15 ¶ But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.
    16 And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so.
    17 Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them,
    18 And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them.
    19 My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord GOD.

Temple prostitution involved all forms of sexual deviance, bestiality, homosexuality, orgies, incest, you name it. Phallus's were an integral part of the temple furnishings, and were worshipped as "sacred". Baal worship was extensively "fertility rites" involving "sacred sex". Because you cant see the 'external' use of something "unnatural" between woman, naturally because of the difference in sexual genetalia between the sexes, its very easy to make such an assumption by appearance of the text. Homosexuals today point at the same passage in scripture and the OT and proclaim that it never talks about 'lezbians', it only speaks about homosexual males which is a lie. Reality is, and if you were to ask most any lezbian couple today, they will ALL tell you that there sex life revolves around A *****!. Two men engage in sex and its seen as 'homosexuality', but two woman engage in sex with phalli and its viewed as "masturbatory" or less then "homosexual". May I remind you that the term 'sodomy' was derived from Sodom of the bible based on the event that happened to Lot and how it "appears". But take note that Lot offered his VIRGIN DAUGHTERS to the mob as a replacement, and if the place was only infested with male 'sodomizers' persay, Lot looks a little stupid. Fact is Sodom and Gommorah was overun by BAALISM practiced by male and female alike to the point where it was practiced in the open and not in the confines of a temple i.e. open public sexual deviancy. The men of sodom may have pressed in to get at the '3 men/angels', but you can be rest assured that there were plenty of woman leering at Lots daughters and wife and was probably the reason why he offered them instead! How he kept them virgin was a feat!

http://www.jeramyt.org/papers/paulcybl.html

".....Returning to the question of 1:26b as a reference to female homogenitality, Banister analyzes the connecting clause between Rom 1:26-27, ὁμοίως (“likewise”), and determines that this connector does not imply that 1:27 should be used to limit the meaning of 1:26.[19] Even though two men are involved in the clause following ὁμοίως, the word does not lead to the conclusion that the clause preceding it will involve two women, only that both clauses are examples of some larger idea, in this case, that some kind of natural use was being exchanged (1:26b) or abandoned (1:27) for something else. In this case, Banister suggests as possibilities, that a woman could be using an ὄλισβος (phallus) on herself, a woman could be using an ὄλισβος with a man, or that the men were having oral or anal sex with the women.[20] Swancutt comes to the same conclusion, explaining that if ὁμοίως here follows other usages in the NT, that it indicates that “the important connection between Rom 1:26 and 27 is the action, the ‘exchange/forsaking of the natural use for what is contrary to nature,’” (italics mine) and ὁμοίως is not intended to show similarity between the subjects of the two sentences, thus making it unlikely that the intended audience would have heard this as a reference to “lesbians.”[21]......"

όλισβος

etymology

From Ancient Greek ὄλισβος.
    Pronunciation

• IPA: /ˈɔ.liz.vɔs/

Noun

όλισβος (ólisvos) m, plural όλισβoi

1. *****