Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunger Games - What's wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    Not when people can't even recognize those devices in the Bible.
    Chicom, you are a BAD man.....................

Quote Originally Posted by PatDaly View Post
    Chicom, you are a BAD man.....................
    But he's sooooooo GOOD at it.
    Only the sword now carries any weight in the balance for the destiny of a nation.

I would always want people to read the Bible. An adventure story that crosses 1000s of years and 1000s of characters that would be hard to see a 'story' capture it all.

Saying that, something came to my mind that is intriguing.

Let's take the 'Hunger Games' as an example.

Several here wrote that the heroine, in the end finds good overcoming evil.
    True?

So saying that, isn't that what the Bible finishes with for those that follow the Word?

What's the difference? If teens are watching this movie or reading the books and then parents use this opportunity to bring the love of God into it, what is the harm? More so, why is this not good?

I read a lot and have done so for most of my adult life. I read many different types of both fiction and non-fiction.

I have to say that all those books left an impression on me. But to the point of 'changing' me?

Nope.

If we know ourselves or have the responsibility of guiding children through this world, we should be able to be strong enough not to be warped by anything of this world.

Another article just found.

Is Hunger Games the NWO for teenagers?

In The Hunger Games, the ritualistic death of young people chosen from the mass is sold as a sporting event, a nation-wide celebration that is packaged as a reality show. Not only do the poor people participate in these demeaning events, they even cheer for their favorites. Why do they accept all of this? One of the reasons is that mass media can get people to accept anything … if it is entertaining.
    more at link:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesand...w-world-order/

Went to go see HG at the IMAX in Seattle. Everyone in my family enjoyed it.

They did a great job with the violence--using only what was needed for the story line and it wasn't gory. I've seen way worse on regular Tv.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

Pinky...I'm with you on this one. Even though it's fiction, why subject children to it? Children are already growing up (due to abortion) knowing there is no regard for human life. Why embrace it even further in their minds from the secular/fiction realm? I won't be going to see it---or taking grands. Kids that go to anti-christ public schools are indoctrinated enough by liberal teachers. Why subject them to Harry Potter, Twilight, and the Hunger Games? C'mon....people, time is short. There's a battle going on for our minds and our children's minds. No, you can't shield children forever, but you don't have to encourage them to wallow in the pig trough mud either.

Have I done everything right as a parent??? No, but I'm asking Yah to help me be the best light I can. I pray that what I say and do will lead my unsaved loved ones to Him.

YAHshua said: I have come so that you can have life and life more abundantly. Why would I want to take my grandkids to see something where teens are killing one another???

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Pinky...I'm with you on this one. Even though it's fiction, why subject children to it? Children are already growing up (due to abortion) knowing there is no regard for human life. Why embrace it even further in their minds from the secular/fiction realm? I won't be going to see it---or taking grands. Kids that go to anti-christ public schools are indoctrinated enough by liberal teachers. Why subject them to Harry Potter, Twilight, and the Hunger Games? C'mon....people, time is short. There's a battle going on for our minds and our children's minds. No, you can't shield children forever, but you don't have to encourage them to wallow in the pig trough mud either.

Have I done everything right as a parent??? No, but I'm asking Yah to help me be the best light I can. I pray that what I say and do will lead my unsaved loved ones to Him.

YAHshua said: I have come so that you can have life and life more abundantly. Why would I want to take my grandkids to see something where teens are killing one another???

Thank you for an intelligent, well said post, Carol. You get it. God
    is deliberately allowing a deception to come over those who don't truly
    seek the truth, and they're buying into the entertainment of all sorts,
    no matter the cost. These secular movies are making a ton of money
    for the liberal money hungry people of this world who have sold their
    souls for fame and fortune. God has given us plenty of warnings, but
    far too many people just don't want to see it. I do believe we should
    shield our children from the things of this world for as long as possible.
    If we homeschool them, only permit them to be around good, positive,
    Godly influences while they're growing up, then they'll most always make
    good decisions in life....following the example of Jesus Christ, our Lord
    and Savior. Most of the world doesn't want to hear this and will snicker
    and ridicule those of us who try to get the truth out, but that's okay
    because I know what they did to Jesus before they'll do it to us, and
    we have scriptures to warn us about how we will be treated in these
    last days.
    We need to stay in the word of God, pray throughout the day and night,
    and put on our full armor in order to stand for God during these last
    days on earth before Jesus returns.

God Bless you, Carol. =)

Default Movies

I've stopped going to any movies. An overwhelming number of the actors actively dislike and scorn my Christian, conservative values so why would I support them financially with my hard earned dollars.

I agree with those who say that it's not good for young people to see Hunger Games, because of the theme. The Bible tells believers not to 'compromise' with evil. Isn't that the word for it when believers let their children see this movie?

On the other hand, I'll watch a movie that I think is a good movie. I just watched The King's Speech, and thought it was very well acted and made. I didn't spot any obvious anti-God or anti-Bible swipes in it. But I do think that almost all movies made by Hollywood these days have some kind of satanic propaganda to them.

GREAT posts Pinky and Carol!!

I have only skimmed the reviews but I've heard enough through interviews and such to know this is NOT something anyone should watch, let alone Christians! I keep hearing that its a story of 'good' triumphing over 'evil', yet there is lying etc involved on the 'good' side, AND, if it doesn't have any Biblical leanings in the movie, how can anything be claimed as 'good'. Only God is 'good', nothing a young lying lady does in a secular movie could be claimed as good. Even God states that ALL of our works are as filthy rags! Between this and the 'Monumental' movie celebrating a Masonicly funded monument and being promoted by a new age Mormon (Glen Beck) it's really becoming a sad testimony just how much of the world the supposed 'Christians' will swallow, and even PROMOTE!! Where is the Biblical discernment these days? It's NOT coming from guys like Joel Osteen and most of the money grubbers on TBN!

I will have MANY things to answer for some day. Things I do or say in the heat of the moment. Things that I should be able to control, and am getting better at but nowhere near where I should be like my language at times and my temper. Those things happen so fast there isn't time to do anything but ask for forgiveness because the deed is already done. Then, there are these kinds of issues, where you have hours, days, even weeks to decide to go so there will be NO excuses in that day. There are enough things out of my control to answer for, I don't need to be adding things that I had ample time to discern and didn't.

Even IF this movie ends up being harmless, is it worth taking the chance? Is it worth the eternal consequences that may come with it? There are SO MANY good Christian(and even secular) movies available to watch there is no reason to pad the pockets of the enemy and trash up our minds. I've seen my share of 'trash' movies and if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't have WASTED my time. I've seen WAY more 'good' movies than bad, yet the only ones that seem to come back and haunt me are the bad ones!

This I KNOW!!! I will NEVER regret NOT going to see movies like this, now or in eternity. I know some people WILL though. If you don't poke the bee hive, chances are you won't get stung. If you DO poke at it, you never know what the end result will be!

I think God is knocking people off the fences in these last days. Things like these can show a person's true allegiance. Get mad at me if you want, but I'm not walking on egg shells anymore, trying not to upset anyone. If this post upsets you, your beef is not with me. Open your Bible and read it until you find the reason you are upset and then deal with Him about it.

Larry