Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: China successfully lands spacecraft on far side of moon, state media says

Globe believers keep making a fool out of themselves repeating the same tired jokes and "facts" that have been debunked many times over. The globehead humor of "cats pushing everything off the edge" is a perfect example of their mental break down and inability to critical think on this subject. I suppose the irony of everything including water not falling off the edge of a ball completely escapes them.

Just that picture alone was worth a laugh on a Tuesday thanks for the huge laugh out loud. So the tin foil group of folks is alive and well that can't take the debunking of so many things from the moon to satellites to even this planet being flat instead of round seriously. Wow there sure are a lot of gullible and brainless people that can't take Science and pictures from space as real. Better take off at least one layer of time foil as it is getting to tight and messing with the wearers brain cells. LOL

I love satire, but not so much when it's cruel as in that cruel but delicious video above posted by Eznite in #21 above.

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    Well they're on the dark side of the moon with their imperfect rover knockoff and our perfect one is still in the design lab.

𝕿𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖓𝖔 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞.
    𝕸𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖎𝖙'𝖘 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

That's the one thing I don't get about the mission. They can set up a radio telescope (or whatever) on the far side of the moon that's completely clear of Earth's noise (which is good). But it's still going to face the sun half the time with all it's radiation and temperature swings.

Quote Originally Posted by solderguy View Post
    That's the one thing I don't get about the mission. They can set up a radio telescope (or whatever) on the far side of the moon that's completely clear of Earth's noise (which is good). But it's still going to face the sun half the time with all it's radiation and temperature swings.
    You just have to account for that in your observation times. Earth-based telescopes have to wait until night. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    You just have to account for that in your observation times. Earth-based telescopes have to wait until night. :)
    My point was that it's an incredible harsh environment for sensitive equipment. Big temperature swings aren't good, plus there's direct thermal conduction from the moon surface it's sitting on.

Quote Originally Posted by solderguy View Post
    My point was that it's an incredible harsh environment for sensitive equipment. Big temperature swings aren't good, plus there's direct thermal conduction from the moon surface it's sitting on.
    You're right. It's a pretty rough environment. It presents a lot of engineering challenges. You probably would have an easier time with a satellite telescope array than a moonbase array. But I think they are planning on a lot of different types of things in their moonbase, not just astronomical studies.

For instance, botany domes. One of their states goals was to see which types of food plants grow well on the moon.

Not a rocket scientist but the ignition in a vacuum issue is taken care of by using LOX, liquid Oxygen or a similar reactant as part of the fuel.