Thread: Restitution of all things.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic
    Thanks, Cary, for starting this thread. I have been busy so have not had time to respond. There are a couple of references in this thread referring to me not answering or trying to ignore something, so I will try to address that concern first, before responding to the topic of this thread. In past discussions with forty9er and others the terms "forever and ever" had been discussed. Have you investigated the meanings of aion, aionian, and aionios in the Greek? These words do not always mean what the English translators imply, though many assume they do. There are examples of God using the Hebrew equivalent, olam, translated as 'forever' by the English translators, when it is clear that that is not what God meant. "Forever" is a time, not defined in length, but not endless, though some still hold that it may mean endless. Aionios is an adjective that may define what is happening in that "age", or aion. We have terms that more closely fit what is being described, like the stone 'age', the dark 'ages', the industrial 'age', etc. which describe what is going on in that 'aion'.
    So since the same word is used in the lake of fire description of forever, and in terms used of God's duration, they both will have an end. Really, is that what you are saying, God's time, God's duration, the kingdom of Jesus will have an end? Since the word aion appears in both places. You can do a search of G165.

I might add you didn't answer the question in the other thread either because I quoted several verses in the other thread, as the sentence above, that you didn't reply to there (post #45) and haven't replied to here either. And I made the same case over there. What you have put up here isn't a reply. And if you need me to I can put up those verses again. After all I am the copy and paste king.

And this:

So, what is this "lake of fire"? This 'second death'? Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Depends. Is there resurrection from the second death? Or, does this second death reign supreme? What is the last enemy to be destroyed? It is death, according to Paul, I think in 1 Cor. 15. Does this include the second death, too? If not, why not?
    This is called waffling, or maybe jibberish.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    So since the same word is used in the lake of fire description of forever, and in terms used of God's duration, they both will have an end. Really, is that what you are saying, God's time, God's duration, the kingdom of Jesus will have an end?
    No, that is not what I am saying. God is the God of the ages, of the aions. He is eternal. And His kingdom will have no end.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    No, that is not what I am saying. God is the God of the ages, of the aions. He is eternal. And His kingdom will have no end.
    That's a good thing.

Since it says the same thing about the lake of fire, using the same Greek word, so it is too, eternal.

And it should be noted that when the word is used to depict "ages" the context of the verses determine it's translation. As it does with the lake of fire forever and ever. As it does with the Eternal One.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

or maybe jibberish.
    Not to sidetrack the thread but is it just me or has the whole world lost touch with reality?

I really can't think of any other time in my entire life when so many people are saying things that are so irrational. Just today there is news that Shaquille O'Neal seriously believes the earth is flat adding his voice to what many others recently have said. And probably half the US population seem to have become Chicken Little claiming and apparently believing the sky is falling and the world is coming to an end just because Trump got elected.

And in Europe, even after all of their Muslim terrorist attacks, many leaders want to increase the number of Muslims from terrorist countries. And similarly in this country there are the judges and attorneys general who want to do the same thing ignoring the risk and regardless of the consequences and in spite of the facts and the actual wording of the executive order.

The whole world has gone mad. Please tell me that what I think I see really isn't happening and that I must just be getting senile.

Nope, you're getting senile. RFLOL

Makes me want to pull my hair out, and I need all I got.

This has to just got to be bona fide end of times, for the simple reason humanity can't keep going this way.

You take good care of yourself Forty9er, it ain't over yet.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

This has to just got to be bona fide end of times, for the simple reason humanity can't keep going this way.

You take good care of yourself Forty9er, it ain't over yet.

It's just that I was expecting the end times to be evil, but not totally irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    It's just that I was expecting the end times to be evil, but not totally irrational.
    O, I see you're kind of like me, "prefer a stand up fight instead of all this sneaking around" Hans Solo.

I admit I did expect some irrational behavior due to Romans 1, and the big dummies in Rev. who were shaking their fist at God (not the big breasted black woman either) at all the destruction on the earth. I mean like come on how dumb can you be, thinking you can beat God?

But never expected this kind of .....blindness. It's almost like I Kg. 22 (about the lying spirit) has been let loose.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him