Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is "Drain The Swamp" On The Way Out Now?

Quote Originally Posted by nothingburger View Post
    Given Trump's numerous statements illustrating and demonstrating his apparent "knowledge" of Constitutional matters - especially as they pertain to the office he is going to be taking, I think anyone with access to an Jr. High level social studies textbook would be a great asset to his administration.
    That's real cute. Suppose you tell us how someone with such a limited knowledge base managed to outgun every political hack in a nation of brainy liberals. Taking a shot like yours is chickensh*t. Now back it up or shut-up.

Marketing skills aren't the same as Constitutional knowledge.

On a rare occasion, Trump will say something constitutional
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...225-story.html
    Then: "I know the guys at Goldman Sachs," Trump said at a South Carolina rally in February, when he was locked in a fierce primary battle with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz. "They have total, total control over him. Just like they have total control over Hillary Clinton."

Now: A number of former employees of the Wall Street bank will pay a key role in crafting Trump's economic policy.

He's tapped Goldman Sachs president Gary Cohn to lead the White House National Economic Council.

Steven Mnuchin, the Treasury secretary nominee, spent 17 years working at Goldman Sachs and

Steve Bannon, Trump's chief strategist and senior counselor, started his career as an investment banker at the firm.

Trump is following in a long political tradition, though one he derided on the campaign trail: If Cohn accepts the nomination, he'll be the third Goldman executive to run the NEC.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    Who are the loyal constitutionalists he's appointed?
    Only they Know, until they rise their heads, we won't know.....

They're sleeper agents for a reason, infliltrate, infiltrate....

nothingburger is offline Aaahh.. The police state banned Me! Hillary!! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Farp View Post
    That's real cute. Suppose you tell us how someone with such a limited knowledge base managed to outgun every political hack in a nation of brainy liberals. Taking a shot like yours is chickensh*t. Now back it up or shut-up.

Pretty simple really.

Having a knowledge base of any kind (especially a firm Constitutional base) has absolutely nothing to do with being able to win the Presidential election in modern America. Obama proved that twice, and George W. Bush proved it twice before him. If anything, such a base is actually a hindrance to actually being elected as such matters are not exactly important to most voters - just ask Ron Paul.

Sadly, our modern Presidential elections have more in common with a cheap reality TV show than what they should represent, largely because candidates who conduct themselves as if they were on such a show is what wins votes today in modern America. As someone already stated "Marketing skills aren't the same as Constitutional knowledge", which Trump has illustrated on countless occasions by simply opening his mouth on the matter.

Trump is not the "cream of the crop". He is just the last turd that floated well enough during the campaign not to get flushed.

Only they Know, until they rise their heads, we won't know.....

They're sleeper agents for a reason, infliltrate, infiltrate....
    Oh, come on, now.
    You can't really believe that
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Pretty simple really.

Having a knowledge base of any kind (especially a firm Constitutional base) has absolutely nothing to do with being able to win the Presidential election in modern America. Obama proved that twice, and George W. Bush proved it twice before him. If anything, such a base is actually a hindrance to actually being elected as such matters are not exactly important to most voters - just ask Ron Paul.

Sadly, our modern Presidential elections have more in common with a cheap reality TV show than what they should represent, largely because candidates who conduct themselves as if they were on such a show is what wins votes today in modern America. As someone already stated "Marketing skills aren't the same as Constitutional knowledge", which Trump has illustrated on countless occasions by simply opening his mouth on the matter.

Trump is not the "cream of the crop". He is just the last turd that floated well enough during the campaign not to get flushed.
    First if you are such a Constitutional expert why don't you toss your hat into the ring and give it a go.

As to what Trump has shown, as well as many in his cabinet, is the ability to succeed in the private sector at a level most people can't even imagine, which is quite a bit different than what we have seen in government in our lifetime's.

The real key to whether this will be one of the greatest administrations in US history or the most corrupt in US history will boil down to motivation. Is Trump doing this to further enhance his already successful endeavors, which will lead to a very corrupt administration, or is he doing this for historical legacy and a touch of ego, in which case this administration may be one of the greatest in US history. I am leaning towards legacy and ego, since money has been taken care of in the private sector before running for office. It is his chance, and that of his cabinet, to shove success down the throats of career politicians that have sold this country out for a few baubles and trinkets. I may be wrong, but I may be right. History will let us know in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    First if you are such a Constitutional expert why don't you toss your hat into the ring and give it a go.

As to what Trump has shown, as well as many in his cabinet, is the ability to succeed in the private sector at a level most people can't even imagine, which is quite a bit different than what we have seen in government in our lifetime's.

The real key to whether this will be one of the greatest administrations in US history or the most corrupt in US history will boil down to motivation. Is Trump doing this to further enhance his already successful endeavors, which will lead to a very corrupt administration, or is he doing this for historical legacy and a touch of ego, in which case this administration may be one of the greatest in US history. I am leaning towards legacy and ego, since money has been taken care of in the private sector before running for office. It is his chance, and that of his cabinet, to shove success down the throats of career politicians that have sold this country out for a few baubles and trinkets. I may be wrong, but I may be right. History will let us know in the end.

Don't worry, I am sure Trump will be quite the defender of the Constitution.

Right after he gets around to actually reading it. Like I stated before, someone with a junior high level social studies book might be a very important asset to him in his administration.

Donald Trump Promises to Defend Articles of Constitution That Don’t Actually Exist

http://www.mediaite.com/print/donald...ctually-exist/

Don't worry, I am sure Trump will be quite the defender of the Constitution.

Right after he gets around to actually reading it. Like I stated before, someone with a junior high level social studies book might be a very important asset to him in his administration.

Donald Trump Promises to Defend Articles of Constitution That Don’t Actually Exist

http://www.mediaite.com/print/donald...ctually-exist/
    Well apparently some elected officials think he was speaking of Amendments from your article. Perhaps you should practice reading comprehension and basic logic classes. I admit he may be a horrible president or he may be great, time will tell, but you have already reached a conclusion with little to no fact to back it up. Based on that, your join date, your "Ministry of Truth" title and your basic comments I have to assume that you are either a paid troll or a special snowflake.

Another Republican congressman was less worried. “When he made the comment about the Constitution, ‘I love this article and that article,’ I assumed he was talking about the amendments, because he was off on the numbers,” Morgan Griffith said.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    Well apparently some elected officials think he was speaking of Amendments from your article. Perhaps you should practice reading comprehension and basic logic classes. I admit he may be a horrible president or he may be great, time will tell, but you have already reached a conclusion with little to no fact to back it up. Based on that, your join date, your "Ministry of Truth" title and your basic comments I have to assume that you are either a paid troll or a special snowflake.

I don't put much weight into what some elected officials doing their best to be Trump's waterboy have to say on the matter.

Trump's own words are what truly matters.