Thread: Healthcare

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    The only problem is that the insurers have learned that they can price higher and demand much higher deductibles. Even if Obamacare goes away, they are unlikely to drop prices back to where they were pre-Obamacare. My pre-Obamacare plan had a $2500 deductible. My post-Obamacare plan has a $10K deductible. I'll bet that doesn't change much.
    Um... yeah, they were able to do that WHEN THE CUSTOMERS HAD A GUN TO THEIR BACKS! Without *forced*, *required* insurance, that goes away FAST...

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    Um... yeah, they were able to do that WHEN THE CUSTOMERS HAD A GUN TO THEIR BACKS! Without *forced*, *required* insurance, that goes away FAST...
    I hope you're right, but I'm not confident about it.

There is so much going on in the medical care field that we don't know about.

I went back and found the Act that started sending the medical cost out of sight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerge...tive_Labor_Act

When the government decided to mandate hospitals (private business) had to provide care whether you could pay or not it was the first step into rising health cost and the morass we have now.

I did some investigating a year or so ago when a series of tests I had one year cost $580 at a private lab, then the following year the lab had been bought out by a nearby hospital and that year the same identical series of test cost $5800 a year later.

What I found out is that hospitals are ,by law allowed to charge different prices than independent labs. That is why everything has codes allotted to it. One code for aspirin in a hospital, different code for a clinic.

Every hospital I have seen around here has been building wings, nursing schools, cancer centers, heart treatment centers etc. Because most of them operate as non-profit today and they have to do something with the excess money . So they build buildings. I don't know one hospital around here that hasn't had construction going on continuously for the last 5 years.

The government caused the rising health care costs in 1986 which they then had to try to remedy with Obamacare in 2009. The gov. just needs to butt out. They never fix anything only make it worse.

If they really wanted to fix health care all they have to do on day 1 is remove all the mandates including the one from 1986. Allow people to buy insurance wherever they want then get out of the way.
    --------------------------------------------------
    There are two ways to be fooled.
    One is to believe
    what isn't true;
    the other is to refuse
    to believe what is true.
    ~~Soren Kierkegaard 1813-1855

Per Senator Corker:
    “I think the president-elect’s position is the right position.” “During the campaign he said that repeal and replace should take place simultaneously. That to me is the prudent course of action.”

And Senator Paul:
    Trump, is fully on board, too."I just spoke to [him] and he fully supports my plan to replace Obamacare the same day we repeal it," Paul wrote. "The time to act is now."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...istance-233298
    Founding Member, Ministry of Truth