Thread: Mark Pearson from Market to Market has died

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Mark Pearson from Market to Market has died

Mark Pearson from Market to Market has died - it's big news here locally, I'm not seeing it on M2M's website yet.

http://www.iptv.org/mtom/
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Market...32017863530507

Iowa Public Television lost a friend and a colleague today, and the state of Iowa lost a smart, enthusiastic, and talented agricultural broadcaster with the passing of Mark Pearson.

For more than 20 years, Mark was Market to Market - reporting on the latest news in agribusiness while providing critical insights for viewers across the nation. A true ambassador for rural America, Mark spoke extensi...vely on the national circuit and was recognized wherever he went. He was gregarious and kind-hearted, yet he took the business of agriculture very seriously. He knew the industry inside and out, both as a reporter and as a farmer through his own grain and livestock operation in Winterset.

Mark was also known to many for his outstanding work hosting IPTV's State Fair coverage.

He was a tenacious worker, but he always had time for a joke -- often at his own expense.
    We're shocked and saddened by this tremendous loss, and our hearts go out to his wife Eden and their four children, whom he loved so dearly and spoke of so frequently. We join with thousands of others in mourning our dear friend Mark.

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Farm TV, radio host Mark Pearson dies at 54

The 'titan of agriculture' led popular shows on IPTV and WHO Radio

Mark Pearson, a longtime Iowa farm news broadcaster, died suddenly Sunday at his farm home near East Peru in Madison County.

“Yes, Mr. Pearson passed away tonight from an apparent heart attack,” said Chief Deputy Jason Barnes of the Madison County Sheriff’s Department

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...sey=nav%7Chead

Joan of Arc

sunny225 Guest

There sure are a lot of those "apparent heart attacks" these days!

Quote Originally Posted by sunny225 View Post
    There sure are a lot of those "apparent heart attacks" these days!

Yes there are, but Mark was a "large" man, in the past year I'd say he's lost a hundred pounds easily. I don't know if he had GBP surgery or not, but he was working on weight loss.

K-

Joan of Arc