Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: breaking news:Syria fires into turkey

Default why not

why wouldn't Syria fire into a Turkey which is arming, supplying, giving logistical support, intel support to and training support to the FSA which then goes into Syria from secure cross border Turkish bases? I mean Turkey et al has been killing syrian military for months now and then the FSA hightails it back into Turkey? Refugee camps? Give me a freaking break. LOL

Cleared hot Daniel. Assad Jr. is now urinating on the Turkish fire hydrant. As for how tough the Turks are, well we will see when Scud C's with chem warheads start hitting downtown Istanbul now won't we?

Like the Bible says, it was spring time and Israel et al went to war.

It is a function of western arrogance and stupidity they think they can use Turkey as a forward logistic and training base for the FSA and assad junior will just sit by an do nothing. <G>
    Doomer Doug has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available on Amazon Kindle. The url is
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Exclamation

21:38 Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan Thursday accused the Syrian regime of failing to abide by the ceasefire and peace plan hammered out by UN-Arab League envoy Kofi Annan.

To read more: http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticl...#ixzz1rr1R0aKm
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Quote Originally Posted by DOOMER DOUG View Post
    why wouldn't Syria fire into a Turkey which is arming, supplying, giving logistical support, intel support to and training support to the FSA which then goes into Syria from secure cross border Turkish bases? I mean Turkey et al has been killing syrian military for months now and then the FSA hightails it back into Turkey? Refugee camps? Give me a freaking break. LOL

Cleared hot Daniel. Assad Jr. is now urinating on the Turkish fire hydrant. As for how tough the Turks are, well we will see when Scud C's with chem warheads start hitting downtown Istanbul now won't we?

Like the Bible says, it was spring time and Israel et al went to war.

It is a function of western arrogance and stupidity they think they can use Turkey as a forward logistic and training base for the FSA and assad junior will just sit by an do nothing. <G>
    your quotes are so funny
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Talking doomer humor

The dual situations of Fukishima radiating planet Earth, and Syria about to launch Scud C's with insert WMD warhead type here; insert target here, is not at all funny, except in a perverse and Dr. Strangelove Slim Picken's riding the nuke bomb down to the surface from the B-52 kind of way. LOL

We are #$%^^ Daniel: all that is left is the dying and panic IMHO.

Personally, I am over the edge financially amigo. I "sold" 20 books in March. The second I set them for free I had several hundred copies downloaded and was denied nearly $1000 in royalties. Let the end come quickly Daniel as I am so tired of this fecal material.
    Doomer Doug has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available on Amazon Kindle. The url is
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Exclamation Activists: Syrian troops, rebels clash near Turkey

An activist group says Syrian troops are clashing with rebels near the border with Turkey. Friday's clash appears to be the first serious violation of an internationally brokered cease-fire that went into effect a day earlier.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says the clashes are taking place on the outskirts of the northwestern village of Khirbel el-Joz that borders Turkey. The group, which has a network of activist throughout Syria, said army deployed tanks in the area before the clash. (AP)http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...215550,00.html

Exclamation huge dot

12:36 AFP: Annan calls for the opening of humanitarian corridors in Syria, says his spokesperson

Exclamation Syria foes Saudi,Turkey meet as crisis comes to heed

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan met Saudi King Abdullah in Riyadh Friday for talks on the Syrian conflict, amid Gulf Arab calls to arm rebels despite a tenuous truce going into effect.
    "The major issues in the region, particularly those concerning the Syrian question, are on the agenda," Turkish Ambassador Ahmet Muhtar Gun said.
    "Turkey attaches huge importance to coordination with Saudi Arabia, its most important partner in the region," he added.
    Turkey, which shares a 910-kilometre (560-mile) border with Syria, has severed its former alliance with Damascus over the regime's brutal 13-month crackdown on dissent, and has emerged as the main haven for Syrian opposition groups and rebel fighters.
    The two leaders were also expected to "examine options in the event that [peace envoy Kofi] Annan's plan fails," the Saudi head of the Gulf Research Centre, Abdel Aziz al-Saqr, said.
    Among the alternatives being considered if the touted 0300 GMT Thursday ceasefire fails was "assistance for the Syrian opposition to defend itself, including the possibility of arms supplies," Saqr said.
    Annan's plan calls for the withdrawal of forces from urban areas, a halt to fighting, a daily two-hour humanitarian truce, the release of arbitrarily detained people, freedom of movement for journalists and the right to demonstrate.
    Saudi Arabia, with Qatar, has been the leading champion of arming rebel fighters in their battle to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad's regime.
    The two leaders were also expected to discuss the "impact of any violation by Syrian armed forces of the border with Turkey."
    Saudi Defence Minister Prince Salman bin Abdul Aziz held talks at the Pentagon on the crisis in Syria on Wednesday, hours before the ceasefire deadline was due to expire.
    "Clearly both countries share a concern about what's happening in that country," Pentagon press secretary George Little told reporters after the meeting between Prince Salman and US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.
    The Saudis have called for arming rebels fighting the regime in Syria but the United States has been willing to provide only "non-military" assistance to the opposition in the form of radio equipment.

To read more: http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticl...#ixzz1rushaXu9

Unhappy

Erdogan Thursday accused the Syrian regime of failing to abide by the ceasefire and peace plan hammered out by UN-Arab League envoy Kofi Annan.
    Annan calls for the opening of humanitarian corridors in Syria, says his spokesperson
    And I'll bet that makes Assad feel sad.

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by danielboon View Post
    An activist group says Syrian troops are clashing with rebels near the border with Turkey. Friday's clash appears to be the first serious violation of an internationally brokered cease-fire that went into effect a day earlier.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says the clashes are taking place on the outskirts of the northwestern village of Khirbel el-Joz that borders Turkey. The group, which has a network of activist throughout Syria, said army deployed tanks in the area before the clash. (AP)http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...215550,00.html
    BBC ran the story this morning, their reporter in Turkey interviewed a FSA fighter who fled into Turkey after clashes at a base near the border, admitted that they (syrian troops) confronted FSA fighters when they tried to take part of the base from the Gov't...And the tanks deployed after the clashes, to try to cut off their escape route into Turkey...

So the Britain based SOHR, is spoutin propoganda from London...More than likely straight from the mouth of the British Gov't...