Thread: Chariots in Red Sea: "Irrefutable Evidence"

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Arrow Chariots in Red Sea: "Irrefutable Evidence"

WND EXCLUSIVE
    Chariots in Red Sea: 'Irrefutable evidence'

'Horse and human remains strewn like battlefield wreckage'
    by Joe Kovacs
    Published: 1 day ago A news report that stunned the world nine years ago about the discovery of possible ancient chariot wheels at the bottom of the Red Sea is suddenly gaining fresh attention with new video claiming “irrefutable evidence” that corroborates the find.

In June 2003, WND interviewed Bible enthusiasts who dove the waters of the Red Sea, alleging they found and photographed parts of chariots that may be the actual remains of the catastrophe brought upon the Egyptian army which pursued the Israelites, according to the Book of Exodus in the Bible.

“I am 99.9 percent sure I picked up a chariot wheel,” said Peter Elmer, a forklift mechanic from Keynsham, England, who made two diving trips to the Gulf of Aqaba branch of the sea. “It was covered in coral.”

“I believe I actually sat in an ancient chariot cab,” he told WND at the time, referring to his time exploring a submerged item in the underwater junkyard. “Without question, it is most definitely the remains of the Egyptian army.”

Now, Michael Rood, a Hebrew-roots teacher, has produced a video proffering evidence Elmer is absolutely correct.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/chariots-...able-evidence/
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

I found it interesting that they discovered one chariot wheel that was gold-plated, and because of the gold nothing was encrusted to it! They believe the gold wheel might have been from Pharaoh's chariot. I hope their discovery pans out. This is an incredible find!
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    I found it interesting that they discovered one chariot wheel that was gold-plated, and because of the gold nothing was encrusted to it! They believe the gold wheel might have been from Pharaoh's chariot. I hope their discovery pans out. This is an incredible find!
    Do you have a photo of this....The one picture I see still leaves a lot of skepticism..........

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
    Do you have a photo of this....The one picture I see still leaves a lot of skepticism..........

It was at the bottom of the story I linked-to:

Love this! Been following this discovery since it came to the public light many years ago. There is a dvd available called "Exodus Revealed" that I have a copy of. Not sure where to get it now. Very well done. Shows the red sea crossing sight and underwater evidence as well as evidence that Mt. Sinai is in Saudi Arabia. God's Word is good and true. Amazing how the media has pretty much ignored this all along. Well...not so amazing. The enemy of our souls will always try to discredit the truth.

Nearly all Egyptian art depicts chariot's wheels with 6 spokes, but this wheel seems to have only four. Such is indicative of the Greek style, such as the Achaeans.

http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/chariots.htm

Egyptian chariots.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/chariots.htm

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    Nearly all Egyptian art depicts chariot's wheels with 6 spokes, but this wheel seems to have only four. Such is indicative of the Greek style, such as the Achaeans.

http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/chariots.htm

Egyptian chariots.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/chariots.htm

4 spoked wheels weren't just limited to the Achaeans. The early Hittites had also perfected the light weight 4 spoked wheels for chariots as early as the 17th century BC. They were heavily involved in the commerce routes of the time. I'm sure folks shared technology back then just as they do now - or copied it. Very plausable to me that the Pharoah and elite may have had 4 spoked wheels. Seems that in one of the articles I read there was a picture of Egytian drawings showing 4 spoked wheels on chariots. I'll see if I can find it. The 4 spoked wheels were more lightweight allowing the chariot to gain speed quicker.

See the quote below from an article and link to full text. Absolutely plausable that Egyptians were using some 4 spoked wheels. Besides, there is no account, that I am aware of, that a Greek/Achaean army including chariots had been swallowed up and drowned by the sea.

http://www.reference.com/browse/Ancient+War+Chariot

"Hittites
    The oldest testimony of chariot warfare in the Ancient Near East is the Old Hittite Anitta text (18th century BC), mentioning 40 teams of horses (40 ?Í-IM-DĚ ANŠE.KUR.RA ?I.A ) at the siege of Salatiwara. Since only teams are mentioned rather than explicitly chariots , so the presence of chariots in the 18th century is considered somewhat uncertain. The first certain attestation of chariots in the Hittite Empire dates to the late 17th century ( Hattusili I). A Hittite horse training text survives, attributed to Kikkuli the Mitanni (15th century BC). The Hittites were renowned charioteers. They developed a new chariot design, which had lighter wheels, with four spokes rather than eight, and which held three warriors instead of two. Hittite prosperity largely depended on their control of trade routes and natural resources, specifically metals. As the Hittites gained dominion over Mesopotamia, tensions flared among the neighboring Assyrians, Hurrians and Egyptians. Under Suppiluliuma I, the Hittites conquered Kadesh and eventually the whole of Syria. The Battle of Kadesh in 1299 BC is likely to have been the largest chariot battle ever fought, involving some five thousand chariots. "

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Sister View Post
    4 spoked wheels weren't just limited to the Achaeans. The early Hittites had also perfected the light weight 4 spoked wheels for chariots as early as the 17th century BC. They were heavily involved in the commerce routes of the time. I'm sure folks shared technology back then just as they do now - or copied it. Very plausable to me that the Pharoah and elite may have had 4 spoked wheels. Seems that in one of the articles I read there was a picture of Egytian drawings showing 4 spoked wheels on chariots. I'll see if I can find it. The 4 spoked wheels were more lightweight allowing the chariot to gain speed quicker.

See the quote below from an article and link to full text. Absolutely plausable that Egyptians were using some 4 spoked wheels. Besides, there is no account, that I am aware of, that a Greek/Achaean army including chariots had been swallowed up and drowned by the sea.
    If we can deduce that Exodus possibly happened sometime during the late 18th, early 19th Egyptian Dynasties, then we would have to take into account that Egypt had already cast off the inferior 4-spoke chariot wheel. One would think that the military would be using the then apex of chariot technology currently available.

The Egyptians knew two types of chariots. These consisted of the four wheeled chariot which, by the late 18th and early 19th dynasties, were mostly abandoned for the superior six spoke vehicles. The six spoked wheels could be made lighter and were better supported than the heavier four spoked wheels, making the whole chariot more reliable.
    The chariot wheel in the picture has an uncanny resemblance to the later Greek style of chariot wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    If we can deduce that Exodus possibly happened sometime during the late 18th, early 19th Egyptian Dynasties, then we would have to take into account that Egypt had already cast off the inferior 4-spoke chariot wheel. One would think that the military would be using the then apex of chariot technology currently available.

The chariot wheel in the picture has an uncanny resemblance to the later Greek style of chariot wheels.

6 spoke and 8 spoke wheels were also found in the same area. The key in your quote is the word "mostly" which means the 4 spoke was not entirely abandoned. And then there is this:

Four, six and eight spoked wheels were found in the Red Sea. These wheels were typical of the wheels used in the 18th Dynasty at the time of Moses and the Red Sea Exodus.

Wyatt recovered the hub of a wheel with the remains of eight spokes and gave this significant find to Nassif Mohammed Hassan, Director of Antiquities in Cairo. Mr. Hassan immediately identified the artifact as a chariot wheel dating over 3500 years ago during the 18th Dynasty, the only time the ancient Egyptians used an eight spoked wheel. The hub and spokes are on display in Cairo, Egypt.

http://www.discoverynews.us/DISCOVER..._Wheels_3.html

There are several pictures on this site of the coral encrusted wheels. Also, a picture of an Egyptian drawing depicting a 4 spoke wheel. Also, the dvd I mentioned above "Exodus Revealed" is on this site. Yes, Ron Wyatt is mentioned and I know that there have been some who don't trust Mr. Wyatt's work. I don't know about the rest of his work but what he did on the red sea crossing has been taken up by very reputable people and verified. Even Snopes wont dispute this, check it out.

I still say - no recording of any greek army swallowed up by the sea. Would you not be excited by the discoveries that would validate our faith in God's word to the rest of the world? We don't need the validation - we are already believers but I love it when discoveries show the validity of the Bible to those that would have everyone thinking it is a book of fairy tales.