Thread: A Pentagram Next To The Ten Commandments Monument In Oklahoma?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    There are a lot of people that eat shell fish and state that they can because Jesus made it clean...or something to that effect.

I heard this and was thinking that they really did not pay too much attention to what was put forth in Leviticus...

Not that I am anywhere near a person who can quote from the Bible, or anything else along those lines....

Ferris
    With today's cooling techniques, sanitary procedures, and the ability to buy shrimp from an uncontaminated farm what actually makes all shellfish unclean?

As distasteful as this is all rules and courtesy's should be applied equally to everyone or it is just the same as what many myself included complain about today with justice for some instead of justice for all being the order of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by rsj View Post
    With today's cooling techniques, sanitary procedures, and the ability to buy shrimp from an uncontaminated farm what actually makes all shellfish unclean?
    My understanding is that all things "unclean" are deemed so for their foraging habits and their digestive structure, i.e. what they eat and how they process it seems to make the difference.

It is also my understanding that Paul brought to light our true libertarian nature, while advocating the personal voice of conscience in the matter.

Romans 14:14 - I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean.

A little research indicates why, even today, some delicacies are still best avoided, for health reasons, which is why I believe they were to be avoided "then". I find the admonitions in Scripture to be largely very practical when the origins and reasoning is looked into.