Quote Originally Posted by celtic-cat View Post
Some 15 years ago I dated a secret service agent whose responsibilities included persons inside the White House. I met a great many of the other agents in the presidential/vice presidential team.

Believe me, these guys do *not* cavort.

They are the most straight edge, uptight, serious, "jock" types on the face of the planet. Some of them occasionally drink too much on their days off, usually tailgating at a sporting event (they are able to get tickets to the best, sold out events). Most don't drink at all. A lot of them are divorced, due to the wretched and demanding schedule. Very few have any political views at all, at least none that they will discuss or admit to, as many of them serve during multiple administrations. They kind of reminded me of Joe Friday from the old Dragnet show..."just the facts, ma'am". To these guys it's not just a job, it's a solemn responsibility. If they are on the "team" and out of country, they are NEVER off duty. If they are anywhere near a prostitute, it's because the person that they are guarding is seeing a prostitute.

It takes YEARS of service in the agency to make it to the level of guarding the president or vice president and their families. There are no rookie agents in that position, nor are there any young persons. They are at a minimum in their late 30s and they have been agents with spotless records for at least 10-15 years. I can't believe for a moment that any one of them would take the risk of losing their entire career, built over their entire working life to play around. Besides, these guys are also totally paranoid. They are always thinking twenty steps ahead about every horrible thing that could happen and how to avoid it.

This story just doesn't hang together for me.

When you hang around evil for long periods of time (like the ENTIRE Obama administration), you will have a tendency to pick up that frequency.