Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "RESTED THE SABBATH DAY ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT" Luk 23:56

Default "RESTED THE SABBATH DAY ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT" Luk 23:56

Luk 23:56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and RESTED THE SABBATH DAY ACCORDING TO THE COMMANDMENT.

Sad to read so much churchian ‘study’ materials and their vain attempts to wiggle around texts that prove Sabbath observance after Messiah’s death. Here is what ”Gill's Exposition of the Bible” had to say about that particular verse in regard to Sabbath: “not knowing as yet the abolition of it, with the rest of the ceremonial law...”

I guess Gill thinks these folks who walked daily with Messiah were ‘out of the loop’, simply uninformed - the very folks that sat at His feet. Or perhaps it just slipped Messiah’s mind and He forgot to tell them that Sabbath would just be a waste of time after His death. Sorry Mr. Gill, but you are an unlearned idiot and you will pay a heavy price for your make-believe heresy.

Far from ‘not knowing’ as Gill states, they did know, and they actually believed the True Messiah when He called heaven and earth to testify that NO part of Torah would change (Matt 5:1. Why does the ‘church’ still not believe Him?
    They knew the Sabbath was the 4th. Commandment (Ex.20: 8-11)
    They knew that Sabbath was the everlasting sign of Who actually sanctifies them (Exo 31:13). They knew to walk as their Messiah set example (1 Jn. 2:6).
    They knew Sabbath was made for the benefit of all mankind (Mk 2:27)
    They knew to transgress Torah was sin (1Jn. 3:4).

They knew breaking Sabbath violated terms of the covenant (Heb. 8:10).
    They knew one day, a horrible price would be paid for transgressing Sabbath (Is. 66:22-24).
    They knew it would be a beast system that would try to change or alter His set times and instructions (Dan. 7:25).

And that is just a sampling of what they knew. “For the Master יהוה does no matter unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets” (Amo 3:7). Altering His Creationally set-apart day would have surely been mentioned.

And Mr. Gill, as a part of that heretical beast system, has seen fit to simply call the Sabbath COMMANDMENT a ‘ceremonial’ law, a term completely made up and not found in Scripture. I am utterly amazed that so many who claim Messiah have so little understanding of Him and even less of His Word. This man is a ‘doctor of divinity’; one of their teachers. A supposed ‘protestant’ (protester) of the Romish heresy, but merely a daughter thereof, keeping the Roman sun-day cult going.

May your sanctifying sign of the eternal covenant and everlasting Sabbath day be blessed!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Guilty as charged. I was a CNA for many years. Imagine making me break the sabbath just to take care of sick and elderly people
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post
    Imagine making me break the sabbath just to take care of sick and elderly people
    Mar 3:4 And He said to them, “Is it right to do good on the Sabbath, or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they remained silent.
    Mar 3:5 And having looked around on them with displeasure, being grieved at the hardness of their hearts, He said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and his hand was restored as healthy as the other.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

The Sabbath isn't a penalty for humans. It's not a sacrifice. It's a gift. Imagine working 7 days a week 30 days a month 365 days a year without stopping. That makes life a prison.

Quote Originally Posted by naturallysweet View Post
    It's a gift.
    HalleluYAH! Indeed it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post

Far from ‘not knowing’ as Gill states, they did know, and they actually believed the True Messiah when He called heaven and earth to testify that NO part of Torah would change (Matt 5:1. Why does the ‘church’ still not believe Him?
    This is a GREAT question, OG! Can be very frustrating, but, it appears that God has not yet removed blindness? Messiah said that Many would come "in His name, declaring Him to be the Messiah, but would deceive MANY!" And, of course, you know that the deceived do not know they are deceived! They think, apparently, that they are the ones in the know. Therefore, any questioning of their "knowledge" sometimes brings incredulous anger.

Jesus prayed for those who knew not what they were doing, as should we, I believe. Even showing patience, "meekness", gentleness...which is a 'hard' command to keep sometimes, for me, at least! May God bless you for spurring us on to love and good deeds! Love for God is to KEEP HIs commandments, not disregard them! The Sabbath command is most certainly one of them! And what a privilege it is!

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    This is a GREAT question, OG! Can be very frustrating, but, it appears that God has not yet removed blindness?
    Dunno. Maybe even a little common sense? Imagine if Paul were alive today, wonder what he'd be thinking since most of the crazy doctrines come from misreading him. Can you imagine him saying "ERMAGERSH! If they think I had the ability to mess with Torah, don't they realize they put me in the category of the beast system that thinks to do just that!?!" (Dan 7:25)

Yes, but e3ven when confronted with Peter's statement about Paul being hard to understand and the unlearned and instable twist to their own destruction, the misunderstanders do not imagine that Peter was talking about them! Paul himself was blinded by God so that he could then learn to SEE! He, too, thought he had it down! But, I do have a few questions for him when I see him, too!

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    when confronted with Peter's statement about Paul being hard to understand and the unlearned and unstable twist to their own destruction, the misunderstanders do not imagine that Peter was talking about them! !
    2Pe 3:16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these matters, in which some are hard to understand, which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the other Scriptures.
    2Pe 3:17 You, then, beloved ones, being forewarned, watch, lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the delusion of the lawless,

Torahless DELUSION.

Oh well. The warning is there for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    2Pe 3:17 You, then, beloved ones, being forewarned, watch, lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the delusion of the lawless,

Torahless DELUSION.

Oh well. The warning is there for all to see.
    Powerful delusion, indeed! I suspect only God can break it within the deluded person, because I've tried, using reason and persistent evidence from scripture. But, blindness remains and obviously, then they think I'm the deluded one? What to do? Examine myself and, in humility, smile and carry on, and pray that God would correct us. God bless you