Thread: Bible on One Page in Many Versions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by alixi View Post
    Generally, I use the NKJV. Is this careful enough? (honest question) I grew up with KJV, and the NKJV is close and so that is what I gave to my kids. I don't know why, but I just like the cadence of the verses.
    I consider the New King James Version vry good. I like it too.
    John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Default On Gateway

One of my favorite features on the Gateway site is the audio option.
    There is a button at the top and bottom to listen to the scriptures that you have searched.

The voice belongs to Max McLean. His reading is awesome.

You can listen to a sample on his website.

Listen to todays Proverbs

Watch a sample performance of his
    Proverbs 29:25
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.

Basic
    Instructions
    Before
    Leaving
    Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Spike n Ree View Post
    I consider the New King James Version vry good. I like it too.
    Here is a cool article on how the bible has been translated and re-written throughout the centuries.

http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-en...bible-history/

The first bible was written some one-thousand three hundred (1380) years after Jesus's death and the re-worked numerous times after that.
    All Men Are Free Men by Right of Birth
    AllFreeMen

Well my Friend I went to your site, and I will confess many here will see have no issue with it, I don't find it overly troubling, I've seen far worse, but while I'm aware of the story lines, the information selectively omits PILES of History, and your either ALL right, or ALL wrong.

If I were insecure in my leanings I guess one of the ways I could avoid thinking about them, would be to avoid thinking about them.

Not bad share, none the less.
    "You Can't MAKE this stuff up."

They cast their silver into the streets, and their gold is like an unclean thing. Their silver and gold are not able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. They cannot satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it. For it was the stumbling block of their iniquity.
    Ezekiel 7:19

Gail Riplinger on New Bible Translations

Stick to the 1611 King James Version. And maybe use the 1537 Matthews Bible(Tyndale mostly) as a companion to it.
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."