Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    I am going back to the
    neurologist, because the last MRI they did on my brain, back a few
    years ago, there were dark spots, and when I read the report it kept
    mentioning "demyelination"...........

A Simple Pine Box, I'm sorry that you suffer from MS. What are you
    taking/doing for it? It does affet different people in various ways, with
    some becoming disabled quickly, while not affecting others as fast.

I would suggest that you do go back to the dr - at the very least you would have a name for the symptoms you are suffering. About 10 yrs ago I took the shots that were available for MS. I took Rebif for around a year (among other problems, it gave me the worst migraines I've ever had) and then I took Copaxone for 2 years (also gave me headaches among other symptoms). I have been off the drugs now and DO NOT EVER plan to take the drugs again.

It's been 23 years since I was diagnosed. It has only been in the last few years that I've been really struggling with MS. I'm using walking aids now and we bought an electric scooter last year. What an energy saver that is! I can actually go shopping with my family and keep up with them!

Quote Originally Posted by A Simple Pine Box View Post
    I would suggest that you do go back to the dr - at the very least you would have a name for the symptoms you are suffering. About 10 yrs ago I took the shots that were available for MS. I took Rebif for around a year (among other problems, it gave me the worst migraines I've ever had) and then I took Copaxone for 2 years (also gave me headaches among other symptoms). I have been off the drugs now and DO NOT EVER plan to take the drugs again.

It's been 23 years since I was diagnosed. It has only been in the last few years that I've been really struggling with MS. I'm using walking aids now and we bought an electric scooter last year. What an energy saver that is! I can actually go shopping with my family and keep up with them!
    Have you been following Montel Williams progress with MS? He's been doing a lot of alternatives and has been seeing great results.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Thank you for all the input. I checked out the links that were posted. I had already seen the last 2 but the first 2 were new to me. I have been hunting for the herbal list that was mentioned but havnt found it yet. If someone could post a link that would help.

I have never had to search for a doctor before...how would I even begin the search?? I dont know where to start.

I am really trying hard to keep positive. But it is so hard. I am used to being able to do it all...and now it is all I can do just to get up each day. i just want this to go away...but I know I am stuck with it for now...The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that others have been through it and came out of it almost normal.

Quote Originally Posted by nikki1843 View Post
    Thank you for all the input. I checked out the links that were posted. I had already seen the last 2 but the first 2 were new to me. I have been hunting for the herbal list that was mentioned but havnt found it yet. If someone could post a link that would help.

I have never had to search for a doctor before...how would I even begin the search?? I dont know where to start.

I am really trying hard to keep positive. But it is so hard. I am used to being able to do it all...and now it is all I can do just to get up each day. i just want this to go away...but I know I am stuck with it for now...The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that others have been through it and came out of it almost normal.
    http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/herb
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Have you been following Montel Williams progress with MS? He's been doing a lot of alternatives and has been seeing great results.

K-
    Yes,I've heard him talk. It hit him hard from day 1. It was a very short time before he was in a wheelchair and not able to take care of himself. The venue he has chosen seems to work for him.