Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ?'s about suicide....

That’s a tough one. I am certainly not a theologian either but I will share our view on the subject.

God has a plan for all of us. None of us were put on this earth to just exist. Part of what we are to do on earth is “work out our salvation with fear and trembling”.

Frequently suicide is the work of Satan. Satan corrupts our thinking into believing that is the best way out of our troubles. Most of the time suicide is an extremely selfish act, indicating that it is not of God’s good pleasure.

The core of the question then is, “is suicide a sin” and the answer is yes it is IMO. It’s the same as asking is being gay a sin? Yes, it is.

HOWEVER we are all sinners. Galatians 2:19 comes to mind

19 “For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

So then the question is not did she go to hell because she committed suicide. The question is was she saved? Was she a believer?

There is a little ditty that goes

Here lays an atheist
    All dressed up with no place to go
    I’ll bet he wished that it was so…

So the technical answer is if she believed she probably went to heaven. And we mortals may never know that..we know not what she did on her death bed or in private before hand. These are the eternal varieties though, not everyone is going to Heaven. I am pretty sure my mother isn’t, and I know my grandfather didn’t but what I cant do is get bogged down with that and let it serve to minimize my service to God.

So, my advice is

A) Forgive yourself for doubts, guilt, shoulda woulda, coulda’s. That’s not productive and its not fair to yourself.

B) As Summertyme says, turn this pain over to God, pray to him and ask for it to be removed.

C) Never forget the concept of “there but for the grace of God go I”. (key word there is GRACE) I personally cannot tell you that I wouldn’t also have taken my own life if I was in your mothers state (God rest her soul) so it is most certainly not our place to sit in judgment of her.

D) Find something constructive to do with this experience. Life on earth frequently sucks..even for believers but we have a moral obligation to feel joy and appreciation and to walk that walk. Tests and challenges as well as favor and blessings are frequently generational in nature. What you do with said tests or blessings is completly optional. Here's hoping that you, all of us, can live, no matter what tests or blessings, in a way that "does not grieve the Holy Spirit"

Quote Originally Posted by tygerkittn View Post
    I've always felt like this about it. The Bible says it's not His will that any perish, therefore if you pray for their salvation, you are praying in His will. If you pray His will, your prayers will be answered.
    You know how when you dream, it seems to last for hours or even days, but it actually only lasts seconds? I think that in the seconds before death, there is ample time for salvation. That is why I have no problem praying for salvation for those who are already dead. God exists outside time, He can answer prayers years before you ever pray them.
    You cannot save non believers no matter how hard you pray. And God will not save non-believers no matter how gracefull and loving He is and no matter how much it is His will for them to be saved. We will all have our judment days. As I said above there are the eternal varities, not everyone is going to Heaven. We are not saved by works but rather salvation does not include the non believer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickHenry2 View Post
    You cannot save non believers no matter how hard you pray. And God will not save non-believers no matter how gracefull and loving He is and no matter how much it is His will for them to be saved. We will all have our judment days. As I said above there are the eternal varities, not everyone is going to Heaven. We are not saved by works but rather salvation does not include the non believer.
    As I read recently..."it's because of who HE is, that what makes us worthy of His Grace not by anything we've done." God Bless and try to forgive yourself for any of the woulda/coulda's, as PH2 says, it doesn't help. Just believe in God's love and Mercy, then move on. I've had to relearn this over and over....rosie

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickHenry2 View Post
    It only takes a second to go from non believer to believer, though.
    I believe prayer is the most powerful force we have access to while on this earth. It can heal the sick and save the non-believer.

Quote Originally Posted by tygerkittn View Post
    It only takes a second to go from non believer to believer, though.
    I believe prayer is the most powerful force we have access to while on this earth. It can heal the sick and save the non-believer.
    So do I try and find comfort in the fact that while that plastic bag was covering her face she begged for forgiveness? Oh God Almighty....do I hope to meet my mother again in the hereafter? This is a torment on earth that I can't possibly reconcile here on earth....I can only hope that
    she left this world with regret. My tears will never dry

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I will try to overcome the hell I feel in my heart for her. I loved my mother so very much.....

I am so sorry that you have such torment. There are several suicides in Scripture, and no where does it say anything about it being an unforgivable sin, much less a sin at all. Then there is the story of Massada, and again, no mention of sin. I don't know a whole lot about what religion says, but if Scripture is the authority, I do not see anything to indicate that the act of suicide would damn a person. Please have peace in knowing that.

im so sorry for your pain and worry over your mother.

Gods Mercy is far greater than we can comprehend. only He knows the depths of her soul and her suffering, His desire for us to be with Him is very great and suicide is NOT an unpardonable sin.

who knows but at the moment of her act in her mind she cried out God help me or God forgive me.

how can any assume she did not cry out to Him? even if but a brief split second before passing over, God would have heard her and received her.

ive real alot of the dead but came back to life experiences of many people. the common thread is anyone who called out Jesus or God help me, or something similar were instantly in His light or presence. even with her overwhelming pain and depression she may have said God forgive me.

pray for your mom and ask the Lord to give you peace.
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. Anything or anyone else are end times deceptions distracting us from fully knowing Christ. There is No Other.

CANNABIS MEDICINE RECIPES & INFO
    https://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com/blog/

Thank you all so very much for the kind words and messages. You will never know how much they mean to me and the comfort I have recieved from them....... God Bless you all

God knows your Mothers circumstances. If you can forgive her for her actions, then God, with his infinite love and mercy, certainly can.
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Many years ago a dear friend committed suicide. The Lutheran minister who gave the service for him said something I've never forgotten, "God said you've struggled enough, now come home to Me".

Hebrews 13:5 I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.