Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
How do you decide who is the bad guy? Is it the guy who disregards police reccomendations and chases down the kid? Or is it the kid with the skittles that flees and is interrogated in the dark rainy night? Neither? Both? One (which one).

Hypothetically, if the shootee had been a few years older, had his permit and had been carrying, he might be alive today and have Florida's law on his side.

First the guy showed a serious lack of judgement in following the kid after being told not to, going alone and leaving the truck. That being said this isn't the angelic little kid that the media is portraying him to be. I just love how he is being portrayed as a sweet little kid when he was there because he had been suspended from school for 10 days. But I digress. In this case the guy should a serious lack of judgement and in my opinion should have his CW permit revoked and he should never be allowed to be a police officer.

All that being said the bad guy is the guy who tries through force or intimidation tries to relieve you of life, liberty or property. We have these bodies called juries that preform trials to determine your guilt or innocence if there is question about who the bad guy is. I gather from the stance you are taking you feel that there should be bad guys and victims not self reliant individuals and dead bad guys. Will things go wrong, probably but at a far lessor pace than if we all walk around with a rob/rape/kill me sign because we think you should always give ground to those that ignore the rules.

True fact, look it up if you like. There is a town in Georgia the by ordinance requires all citizens to own a gun. Then they posted signs at the edge of town so all can see. Their crime rate is very very small. Bad guys don't like going to a place where they do not have all the power, they hunt for weaker prey. So I firmly believe in standing your ground.

When all of the facts in this story come out is when we should be passing judgement but this guy has been tried, found guilty and basically sentenced by the media already. In the coming days as more comes out perhaps the media will quit playing judge and jury and will instead start doing their jobs and reporting the fact and just the facts.